sixty-nine

Mercedes's POV

"Beto?" I said quietly in the living room. "Did i do something?"

He didn't look at me. He looked very upset. I couldn't tell if it was at me or at the world in general.

He shrugged his shoulders and leaned in my legs. "Honey i don't know."

"You don't?"

"Do you?"

"I don't remember anything from last night. I don't even remember talking to Paxton. At all."

"You were really drunk. You were just so out of it and needed to get drunk. So i didn't stop you." He placed his hand in my thigh and started to rub up.

"Babe? Di-i-d I cheat on you?" He sighed and stopped rubbing.

"I don't know."

I started to bawl. I would never intentionally cheat on anyone. I don't even know if i do. I have no excuse if i did, but there's that if.

But of course if i was going to cheat on someone it would be with Paxton, and i hated it, and i hated the fact that there was a possibility of me even cheating on him.

"It's okay." Beto broke the silence.

"It's okay? It's not okay."

"Babe, you were drunk, and if you did, it's the guy you were in love with. Or the guy you are in love with."

"Beto?! That doesn't make it okay! There's nothing okay about it. Like you should be breaking up with me, and yelling at me."

"Are you wanting me to?"

"No! But i deserve it."

He sighed, sat up and pulled me onto him. "We don't even know if you did or not."

"Can we find out?"

"Why would you even want to know Mercedes?"

"I'm not going to live everyday not knowing up the fuck i ended up in Paxton's bed." I sighed and got off of him, then grabbed my key.

"Mercedes are you going over to his house?" I nodded and threw some shoes on.

"Let me come with."

"No, Beto it's fine. I'm just asking. I don't plan on doing anything."

He hurried up and ran over to me to give me a huge hug. "Don't do anything you'll regret. Please"

I looked at him and slightly nodded my head, while grabbing the door handle and leaving. I almost did a mom walk to my car. I didn't want to run.

I was very determined to figure out if i had done anything that night. As much as i didn't want to talk to Paxton sober, i felt like i had to.

"Maybe i should stop by somewhere and get some weed, so i'm not completely sober." I had whispered to myself

Then i had realized that i've never been the person to smoke, but it sounded like something that would be nice right now.

I did know people from around here who had some, one guy being named Markus. He always has carts.

I hoped into my car and pulled out my phone to see if i had the guys snapchat or him on instagram. I know he's around here, but i've never met him myself, but i know he posted stuff and is from my high school.