fourty-seven

Paxton came running up to me and pushed me behind him, and kept his arm in front of me.

"I'm being serious. I'm not going to hurt her." Devi said i could hear the hurt in her voice.

"Paxton." I said while pushing myself in front of him and looking at him in the eye. "It's okay." I nodded my head at Devi so she could back up.

I grabbed the door knob and Paxton backed away from the door so I could close it and I saw him make his way to the window but i didn't acknowledge it.

"I know you probably don't want to talk to me. You probably hate me. I just want to make things clear between us and let you know that i'll try to make things better if you want to. I acted out in the most wrong way possible. I'm sorry." Devi explained.

"It's the words you said. I was the one who took the guy you wanted. I understood how mad you were, but the words that were coming out of your mouth had me on the edge. I accept your apology, but i don't know how easy it will be for us to hang out again. We can try though."

"I get it." We both stiff there for a minute or so just looking around in complete silence.

"You can join us. If you want to. It might be hard for you since Paxton and I. Yeah. You know."

"No. It's fine. I can deal with it. If not i'll just go across the street to my house no big deal. It's there for a reason."

I laughed and grinned at her and opened the door as she followed me. Paxton gave me a 'wtf' look. I rolled my eyes at him and went over to him.

"It'll be fine." I whispered as he wrapped his arms around me. "Shes just chatting with Fabiola and Eleanor. It'll be okay." I rubbed my hands around his back. "Do you guys want to start a fire?" I asked everyone standing and they all nodded.

We made our way to my backyard and i threw a few pieces of wood into the fire pit and a couple of sticks from my yard.

"We need s'mores." Devi suggested.

"We can go get some Mercedes." Paxton said to me quietly.

"Paxton and I will be right back girls. We're going to get some s'mores."

Paxton and I went though the gate from my backyard and into his car.

"Can i drive? I haven driven in a while." Hs sighed and handed me the keys and i quickly got into his car.

-

We arrived to the store and we had an argument on if we should get the original marshmallows or the s'mores ones.

"Paxton the s'mores ones fit better on the graham cracker."

"But you have to have the original. You can never give up the og."

"I'm getting these deal with it." He gasped at me.

"Fine! I'll get these with my own money."

I rolled my eyes at him and walked in the next aisle then started to do a little jog while looking back to see him chasing me. Then i accidentally ran into someone.

"Oh i'm sor-" When i looked up i saw a very familiar face. Someone that use to go to my old school a couple hours away. "Beto?"

"Mercedes? I haven't seen you since your freshman year. How are you doing?"

"I'm doing good. What brings you here?"

"My college is here. Still decided to go into the medical field."

"I'm surprised to see you still trying to be a doctor."

"I'm very dedicated. Also if i don't do it my parents might kill me." I giggled at him.

I looked behind me to see Paxton walking up to me and holding a couple things of chocolate and graham crackers.

"Oh Beto. This is Paxton. My boyfriend." I awkwardly said.

"Hi. I'm Roberto Perez. Call me Beto though please." He stuck his hand out and Paxton just looked at him.

I nudged Paxton and Paxton grabbed his hand. "So who exactly are you to Mercedes." Paxton asked while crossing his arm.

"Well." Beto looked at me and i nodded at him to let him know that i can tell him.

"I'm Mercedes's ex from her old school. I graduated last year." Paxton looked at me and glared and I slightly grinned at him.

"Oh?" Paxton said.

"We left off on good terms though. We knew we weren't going to see each other very much so we decide to just call it off and go our separate ways." I explained to Paxton.

We all sat there in silences until Beto broke it off. "Well. I better get going." I nodded, as he took a piece of paper out of his pockets and a pen and wrote something down. "Here's my number if you ever need anything." He said while handing it to me.

Paxton took the paper out of his hand and didn't keep his eyes off of Beto. "Paxton." I whispered.

"Hey. I'm just trying to be nice to her. I'm not trying to flirt man. If she really needed me i would like her to have it." I glared at Paxton and he handed me the piece of paper, and Beto walked off.

"Your ex Mercedes? Why would you want his number."

"Him and I were best friends Paxton. It never changed until he left high school and i moved. He got a new phone when he moved so i didn't have a way to contact him."

"Anything else? Why is he so important?"

"Well my parents really liked him, but they also really like you." I began to walk towards the check outs and Paxton followed.

"Was he like me?"

"Paxton."

"Was he?"

"No. You're amazing Paxton. Him and i thought we should try it and it didn't work. You and I are working completely fine."

"I just feel like he was very important."

"Why Paxton?"

"Because he has that vibe. Like you and him weren't awkward around each other."

"I mean he-"

"So there is something."

"Paxton, hunny stop. I love you and only you to matter what im about to tell you. I'll never dump you to go back to him."

"Okay." He took a deep breath. "I'm ready."

We finished the check out and headed to the car so i could tell him.

"Okay cherry. What is it."

I sighed. "He was my first."

"Your first."

"My first."

"As in?"

"Yes Paxton."

"So he."

"Paxton. Beto was the guy who took my virginity. I don't regret it either."
.
.
.
I have nails so it's so annoying when i type bc they kling together. anyway. your guys comments are literally the reason i continue to write this story. I love them and you guys so much. I think i've said that before but i said it again.