nineteen

"Paxton! Did Mercedes leave early this morning?" Paxton and I shot up as we heard Rebecca yell through his door.

"Don't say anything." Paxton whispered to me and i grabbed my phone to look at the time. "Yeah, she said she had to get ready for school."

I looked at my phone to see that it was 7 in the morning. My eyes widened, and i threw myself up and hurried up and got my clothes on.

"I have to get home and get something on Paxton, and i have to get my car."

"Calm down. I'll drive you let me get some clothes on." I nodded and he hurried over to his closet and grabbed some clothes.

"We can go out this door." I nodded and sprinted to the car, and i hurried into it.

"We could just ditch." Paxton offered.

"No. That's a bad idea. I would if Aiden didn't know i left with you, and if Devi didn't know that we were partners but we are and she knows."

"Here. I'll drop you off a few houses down, just in case Devi were to see." I nodded and ran out of the car and sprinted to my house got changed into something on my floor, and ran into my car.

-

When i arrived at school there was a minute until the first bell was going to ring so i hurried up and headed to class. Lucky i got there as the bell was ringing.

I looked at my phone as the teacher was taking attendance and saw that Devi had texted me.

Devi
I saw Paxton drop you off down the street today.

My hurt dropped. I knew this wasn't going to last long, and good thing Paxton was blocking Devi from seeing me because she doesn't need to know that i'm about to lie to her.

Mercedes
I was helping his sister with something when i went over to work on the project. She convinced me to say over and Paxton had to give me a ride to my house this morning.

Devi
Oh okay i thought i was something else. Im sorry.

Well your instincts are right Devi. I did a quiet sigh while shutting my phone off and putting it in my lap. I did a stretch in my seat and i felt Paxton tap my shoulder.

"I like the hickies on your sides." He said and i glared at him before turning around.

"Class. I'm going to move the desk together and put them in group of 3's for your guys project. It will be easier to keep you guys together, and not have to bring your guys desk together everyday."

He got his paper and walked around to the other side of the room calling out groups, and got to the back corner.

"Paxton. Your group is in the back corner, and Devi's group is in the front here."

Paxton grabbed two desk and Trent grabbed another desk for me, and we all sat in a group. I was sitting next to Paxton, and Trent was sitting across from us.

"Paxton can you look at this over here? I need to know if I spelt these words right." Trent asked

I sat there with my computer out and looking at some research we had in a google doc, and I was rewording it so we could just copy and paste it into the slides.

I watched Paxton leaned forward, and I felt his hand rest on my thigh, making me gasp a little because it surprised me.

"I think you did fine Trent." Trent smiles at Paxton's compliment, and Paxton leaned back and started rubbing his hand up and down my thigh.

"Don't do that." I continued to look at my computer and whispered to Paxton.

"Why." He leaned into my ear and continued to say, "I know you're feeling butterflies, Mercedes."

"We're at school." I whispered back to him, and he shrugged his shoulders. "We have to keep everything a secret you know."

"But why."

"Devi is my closest friend, and Aiden and I are like a thing, but i can't stay away from you, i don't know what to do Paxton."

"We'll take about it later. Over text?" I nodded and continued to edit the stuff and copy and paste it.

-

"Mercedes!" I was walking to my car, and i heard Aiden come running to me. "I'm sorry. I got grounded, if i don't go home right now i'm going to get my ass beaten."

"It's okay."

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah i am."

"Okay, i'll see you tomorrow. I'm so sorry that i can't text you."

"It's fine. I'll see you tomorrow."

I got into my car and i quickly drove off out of the school, because my mind was stressing over how i'm going to keep this a secret from Aiden, and even more Devi.

Paxton
Can i come over later?

Mercedes
That's probably a bad idea. Devi does live across the street from me.

Paxton
I'll park a few streets over and walk to your house, do you have a back door?

Mercedes
Yeah, text me when you come over.

I showed up at my house and i was so ready to tell my mom everything. I had no one to tell it to, and i know she would love to heard about all of this.

"Mom." I walked over to the kitchen, and sat on the barstool.

"Mercedes."

"I did something bad."

"Drugs?" I shook my head, even though Paxton was like doing a drug.

"No. I had sex."

"Um. I know you're having sex with Aiden what about it?"

"No. Not Aiden. Well i did but that not who i'm talking about."

"Then who?"

"Promise me you're going to help me after i tell you, i'm stressing so much over this and i can't help it."

"I had sex with Paxton."

"Devi knows?"

I sighed and grabbed a water bottle on the counter. "Well, here's the thing."

"So. Are you and Paxton going to go behind her back?" I nodded and sighed once again.

"Yeah, i need help. How do i get to see Paxton when we live across the street from Devi, and Aiden. How do i hide this from him."

"That's a hard thing to do Mercedes. Have Paxton park a little away, or pick him up, and keep your eye out, but that's very stressful as it is."

"I told him to park a few streets over and he's coming through the back door." She nodded to let me know that shes fully engaged. "But Aiden, it's easy to hide from him, but i'm going to feel shit have sex with two different guys a day."

"Easy."

"What do you mean easy? That's stressful."

"Just call it off with Aiden. Paxton obviously makes you feel better."
.
.
.
Omg i'm sorry this isn't as good as it usually is. My friend is staying the night and we had to watch a movie and she told me i couldn't update so it's late, but i hope this is good enough, and there arent too many errors my eyes are closing and i was rushing.