twenty-four

"Are you okay Mercedes?" Ben put his hand on my shoulder while asking me, I shook my head and took my attention back to him.

"Yeah yeah. I'm fine. I just zoned out. Why don't you show me around your house."

I know what you're thinking. I'm going to use Ben to get back at Paxton or whatever, but no. In all actuality i'm trying to be decent and i'm pretty curious to know what the house looks like.

Ben took me upstairs as i followed him and showed me all of the rooms upstairs and even showed me his movie theater he had.

"I love this place. No wonder why your parents wanted to move here."

"Yeah, but it's practically my house, they're rarely home."

"Really? I know you spent a lot of time at my house when we were younger, but i never knew it was because your parents were never home. I'm sorry."

"It's okay. Has there been anything interesting in your life. Have you met any boys during your time here."

I sighed and sat down in one of the movie theater chairs. "Well. Paxton."

"Paxton?"

"Shit, don't say anything to anyone please. Devi will kill me if she finds out."

"Oh i won't. You can trust me. That's be kinda shitty if your childhood friend betrayed you like that."

"Thank you."

"Where is Paxton? Shouldn't he be with you." He asked me.

"Well i'm trying to hide it. Mainly because i don't want Devi to find out, so we're kinda keeping it on the down low. Sneaking around and everything. He doesn't want to but i think it's the best thing to do."

"Well is he with anyone right now?"

"I saw Devi bring him to the dance floor. That's why i was staring out in space."

"That makes sense. If you need to have some time with him here i can try to distract Devi at some point and you and Paxton can hang out in my room." I got up and hugged Ben.

I've been wanting to sit and have a conversation with someone about all of this for a while, and i know i talk about it all of the time to Paxton, but it feels nice talking to someone else about it.

"Thank you. Seriously."

"No problem. I'll get a Devi's attention at some point, and you and Paxton can talk and go upstairs. I can bring the party outside. You and Paxton go in at different times."

"Okay. I'm not doing it right now, i'll wait a little bit to take the party outside."

-

Ben and I went back out into the dining room, and continued talking and catching up, until he saw Devi coming out of the crowd of people.

I took off around the other way to the living room, and I heard Ben yell, "WE'RE TAKING THE PARTY OUTSIDE! TOO THE POOL!" I stood by the wall and waited for Devi and Ben to walk outside.

I then ran to the wall next to the door to wait for Paxton to walk out.

He was talking to Trent and I stood there watching him until he saw that i was looking at him. So, i sat down next to the door to make it look like i was just upset or something, so people don't talk to me.

When Paxton didn't look at me, and kept talking to his friends i decided to call him, and not go up to him considering he was with his group of friends.

I saw him look at his phone with a confused face and answer it. As he answered it i headed to the stairs and he saw me from the distance.

Mercedes: In 5 minutes come upstairs. Ben is letting us hang out in his room.

I then walked upstairs making it look like i needed to use the restroom or something.

I went to look for Ben's room and stood outside of the door as i waited for Paxton to come up here.

This was very risky but i wasn't really stressed about it as i knew Ben could keep Devi entertained as much as possible.

I heard someone come up stairs, and i wasn't 100% sure that i was Paxton so i pulled my phone out acting like i was busy doing something.

Luckily it was Paxton. He checked one more time to make sure everyone was gone from downstairs, and ran over to me.

I opened the door and ran to the bed, and Paxton followed me.

"Did you tell Ben?" He asked me as he stood in front of me. He was taller than me in general, but as i was sitting on the bed and he was standing i had to look all the way up.

"I'm sorry. I was keeping so much in, it kind of slipped, but he's distracting Devi right now, which is the only reason i'm really doing this." I said while shaking a little bit because i couldn't tell if he was mad at me or not.

"No, no. I didn't mean for you to be scared. I don't care, i was just wondering." He walked closer to me and hugged me.

"Good. He took the party outside for us, so it would be easier to sneak around. We're going to have to leave at different times though." He nodded. "We don't have to have sex or anything. I just wanted some alone time with you in general."

"Wait you're willing to cuddle with me?" He acted surprised and pushed me down, while laying on top of me.

"Yes, but like i would love to breathe while cuddling." I joked and he rolled off of me, and i snuggled next to him.

We both sat there staring at the ceiling, while playing with each other's hair, and i was messing with his necklace he had on.

"Red looks good on you." I complimented him and he giggled.

"You know." He said while sitting up and he put my head in his lap. "You make me happier than what i've been. Also, i'm sorry for dancing with Devi, she kinda pulled me out there, and i didn't want to be sus."

"No, it's okay. I understood. Of course i was jealous, but at the same time i know that it is what's best. Devi hasn't even seen me here i don't think."

"I think she knows you're here. She asked if you were in an awesome party outfit like how you usually are." I laughed except it was a nervous laugh.

"She really likes me as a friends."

He sighed, "I know. I understand a little more in how stressed you were after hearing her talk so highly of you."

I sat up and sat on his lap facing him, and continued playing with his necklace.

"Do you like it?"

"Like what?"

"The necklace, cherry."

"Yeah i do." I looked up at him to see him already looking at me. I smiled at him as he pulled me toward him and kissed me.

He playfully pushed me back to where he was on me and still making out with me, as he grabbed my thigh and waist at the same time.

When all of a sudden Paxton and I jumped as we heard the door open, revealing a bright light and two shadows.
.
.
.
This is an edit lol, i'm heading to Florida on Thursday, and we're driving so imma try to write as much as possible. I don't know if i'll post them right away, but i might. I'm indecisive. I just don't know how much i'll be able to update when i'm there, so imma try to update a lot before i get there. We do drive a lot but depending on where I sit i may not be able to update, but i will try to at night time, but i kinda have to go to bed a lil early there because my grandpa is finna wake me up earlier. It's just a heads up, i might write a head of time and post in those days so you guys have updates coming, but like i said i don't really know.