seven

Mercedes POV

The meet was over and Devi didn't really speak to me the rest of the meet, but i was okay with it because i was munching on my food the whole time.

I hopped off of the bleachers and watched everyone rush out of the room. I stood in the hallway waiting for Devi, Eleanor, and Fabiola to come over here as the whole swim team and their parents came into the hallway.

I sat on my phone and waited for them, and finally they came. Paxton walked out and Devi went up to him.

"You did an amazing job out there." Devi complimented him.

"Thanks." He grinned a little and looked at me.

"Are waiting for me to compliment you?" I said while leaning on the lockers behind me.

"Why yes i am." I laughed, and he walked closer to me.

"You did good, but i didn't pay attention because i was eating. Which here's your money." I pulled the money out of my pocket and I handed it to him.

"Keep it"

"No."

"Yes"

"If you don't take it i'm going to put it in your windshield wipers." He sighed and took the money from me. "Thank you." He smiled and walked off. "Come on i want to go to bed. I motioned the girls to go with me."

We got into the car, and the car was silent for the 5 minutes of us waiting for the parking lot to clear up a little bit.

"What's wrong with you guys. Why are you guys acting so cold towards me?" I asked as we were waiting to get out of the parking lot now.

"Devi can tell you." Fabiola said.

"Fabiola!" She put her hands up, and waited for Devi to say something. "Well. It's more of a question."

"Yeah?" We finally got out of the parking lot and i began to actually drive.

"Are you and Paxton a thing?" I thought that this was so funny i almost spit out the spit in my mouth.

"No. He just leant me some money. I'm going to pay him back."

"Mhm." I heard Devi say under her breath.

"I'm being serious. I don't know what's he's doing, but he knows i'm friends with you Devi. I'm not trying to take someone you like. No matter how much he puts himself on to me. I barely talk to him as a friend except for today."

"I guess." I rolled my eyes, and went to my neighborhood first to drop Devi off because i wasn't going to have it with her attitude.

"One of you can get into the front if you want." I said to Eleanor and Fabiola.

They both us sat there and i sighed, and kept driving.

"Do you guys think i'm lying?" They both shrugged their shoulders. "Tell me what did you guys see?"

They both looked at each other debating one who was going to be the one who's told me what happened.

"I saw him hug you. Then after you gave us our drinks i saw him grab your ass." I giggled.

"But but." Eleanor cut in. "I saw you push him out of the hug."

"Yes, but then when you were walking back in the second time it looked like he grabbed your ass." Fabiola cut back in.

"No. On the first day of school Paxton got my attention by grabbing the back of my pocket on my jeans. Ever since that day if he wants to get my attention he grabs the back of my pocket. He doesn't grab my ass." They sat there taking the information in, and understanding it as i spoke it.

"Well Devi thinks that's what happens. Plus she said he won't even look at her in history class because all he does it speak to you. Which i'm in the class but i personally don't pay attention, i just watched you get moved in front of him and that was it." Fabiola explained as i pulled into her drive way.

I pulled out and Eleanor climbed over to the front seats.

"Hey. Thank you for driving us. I'm sorry that Devi was acting the way she was." Eleanor spoke.

"No, i understand, but it was the fact that she didn't believe me. I just hope she doesn't care if i'm friendly because him and i have to work on a project together." She nodded.

"I understand. She always had a thing for Paxton, and she would get upset if she saw him with some of the hottest girls in school, but now you're kinda one of them."

"That's stupid. Devi is really pretty herself. Not in a bad way, but it could be the way she acts? When she's mad she acts that cold way towards everyone. Like when i'm mad at someone i'm usually just cold towards that person. She didn't really give me a chance to explain without jumping to conclusions."

"I get it."

"Thank you. This is your house right?" Eleanor nodded and smiled at me before leaving my car.

-

"Mercedes. Someone is at the door can you get it?" My mom yelled to me at the kitchen, and I got up to answer the door.

When i opened the door, Devi was standing there.

"Can i talk to you?" I nodded and stepped outside. "I'm sorry. I'm just super jealous because Paxton always puts himself onto you, and even after i hang out with him, he is still hooked onto you, and i just don't understand."

"It's okay, and look. It's not a bad thing just to be friends. I mean on the bright side he didn't know who you were until the day you actually talked to him, and now he does, and he still hangs out with you."

"Oh yeah. I'm actually going to hang out with him, after school today."

"That's good. I have to head to do actually. Do you need a ride?" She nodded, and i went inside to grab my book bag, and ran back out there.

-

I was sitting in my seat in History class, and i kept trying to pull my skirt down. I didn't realize how short it was until i sat down. The shirt was just barely covering my ass.

My bookbag was on my desk, but i wasn't going to sleep. I was just leaning on it today for comfort, as Mr. Shapiro was talking.

"Mercedes. I'm going to need you to bring your bag up here so i know you won't fall asleep on it." He stopped talking.

"I wasn't going to fall asleep. I went to bed earlier last night."

"I don't care. Bring it up here."

"You get it."

"I'm teaching."

"And i'm sitting."

"Bring it up here now."

I rolled my eyes as i got up and took my book bag with me. I pulled my skirt down with one hand, and walked up to the front of the room.

"Where do you want me to put it?" He pointed to a spot in the corner, and i stuck my book bag there.

I walked back to my seat and sat back down. My skirt was acting up, and i was going to change out of it after this class and put a pair of sweatpants on.

"Okay class you guys can work on your projects. Remember you're presenting on Friday."

Trent and Paxton pulled their desk up to mine, and put me in the middle of them.

"Any idea what we're doing today?" I shook my head, after Trent asked the question.

"Sugar lips." Paxton said as i was sitting there dozing off.

"Don't call me that."

"Fine."

"I have money to pay you back. It's in my book bag."

"Oh. I don't need you to pay me back."

"Please."

"You already gave me a payment." I raised an eyebrow and looked at Trent who was just as confused as i was.

"Watching you get up and down, and bending over was the only payment i needed."