fourty

Mercedes POV

I had slept for a good 6 hour straight because when i woke up Paxton has just gotten home from school. I felt better, but i still felt like complete shit. My head was still hurting.

"Did you sleep all day?" I stretched then yawned and sat up.

"Mhm." I moaned and he came over to me and kissed my forehead.

"Do you feel better?" I shook my head and covered myself with a blanket. "I have to take you to the doctor soon. You have an appointment in 45 minutes."

"I don't wanna."

"Mercedes you don't feel good. You need to go. I'm going to make you go either way." I groaned and laid back down.

"Fine. Mother."

"More like daddy."

"Shut up." I curled up in his blanket and he sat in the bed with me and put my head in his lap. "How did the office go."

"Fine. You and Devi aren't in any trouble."

"That's good. For me." He put his hand on my head and started to feel it.

"Your a little hot. We have to leave in like 20 minutes." I nodded.

Paxton and I sat there, he was telling me how his swim practice went and that the coach was pretty chill about the hickies, and the boys in the locker room were making a big deal about it.

As the 20 minutes passed i got up to put a t shirt on, because i was sweating from Paxton's hoodie.

I went out of the car and sighed. Paxton doesn't know how much i hate the doctor because they always poke me with needles and i'm never even for it. They scare me.

"I don't wanna go. I feel like i can find out what's wrong with me." I whined.

"Okay, what's wrong with you then."

"I don't know. It could be anything. I could have the flu, a cold, allergies or i could even be pregnant who knows."

"I know you didn't say pregnant."

"I mean. I could be. Our baby would be cute though."

"Stop it."

"We could have cute babies Paxton."

"I thought you were sick."

"I am, but taunting you is better."

He rolled his eyes and pulled into the parking lot of the doctor's office. I slowly got out of the car, and walked into the place.

Paxton grabbed my hand and yanked me into the office. I cringed as i walked in because all doctor's office have a smell that i don't like.

"We're here for Mercedes Cortez. 4:10." The lady nodded and pointed to the seats.

We walked over there and sat down. I crossed my arms and looked at everything. I hate the anatomy photos on the wall, and the ones of the girls ass before and after.

There were a few older people here, and they were sitting down and waiting. Some of them had air tanks, and others looked fine.

"Mercedes Cortez." A lady came out and said my name. Paxton stood up and i refused.

"Stop being a kid get up." Paxton bend down and whispered. I rolled my eyes and got up.

We followed her into a room and i sat on the uncomfortable bed in there, and Paxton sat in the car on the end of the bed.

She checked my temperature, pulse, blood pressure, all of that jazz, and wrote it down. "Come step on the scale." I got down and stepped on the scale and she recorded it.

"Your temperature is 99 so it isn't something to worry about. What are your symptoms?"

"Massive headache. Hard to function in general. Tired. Dizzy. Nauseous." She nodded and marked a few things down.

"The doctor should be here in a few minutes." She said and put my file in the pin on the door and walked out, while closing the door behind her.

"Would it be bad to have sex on this bed?" Paxton said randomly breaking the silence with me and him in the room.

"My head is hurting over her and all you can think about is sex?"

"You gotta try out different places you know."

"I can't deal with you anymore. I'm hiring a new boyfriend."

As i said that the doctor walked in. He was actually a good looking doctor. He was kind of young but not too young.

"Hi. I'm Dr. Johns. I've seen your symptoms, and i wanted to ask you a few questions." I nodded. "Have you drank any sort of alcohol recently?"

"No."

"Have you smoked, or done any type of drugs?"

"No."

"Are you sexually active?" I froze and i looked at Paxton who had a huge grin on his face.

"Yes."

"Okay." The doctor went and wrote everything down. On a paper, and was check marking things. "I want to check out a few things on you okay?" I nodded.

He grabbed his stethoscope and walked over to me. "Breath in. And breathe out." I did as told and he sat there for a bit and moved it to my chest to hear my heart beat.

He checked my ears and nose and all of that kind of stuff. "Everything i see seems normal. Do you feel like congested?" I shook my head. "Okay. I'm going to go look at everything and compare stuff. I'll be back in a couple of minutes."

He left the room and Paxton came and sat next to me. "I'm mad. He literally touched your boob. That's mine."

"He was doing a check up. Don't be stupid." I said while squeezing his face, and kissing him.

"You're definitely not going to sleep tonight. You literally slept all day."

"No. When i don't feel good all i do is sleep. So you might not even see me."

"I need to see you before my meet at least."

"I should be fine by Friday, but you never really know."

We heard the door open, and Paxton got down and started to lean on the wall acting like he wasn't just right next to me.

"Okay. I have some strong headache medicine, sent to the Walgreens in town. I'm not completely for sure though, so i need you to listen to my instructions." I nodded and the Doctor looked over at Paxton. "You too."

"Wait, before say anything, i have just pick up and pay for the medicine through the drive thru?" I asked.

"Yes, but you need to do this first. I need you to go and take a test when you get home. If it comes out positive do not get the medicine, because then you have a whole other thing on your hands. Take it three times so you know for sure. I have the test for you."

"A test?"

"Yes, if you see it's positive call me. If it's negative, go and get the medicine and don't bother calling."

"What test?" I looked over at Paxton who looked scared to death. He was staring at something behind his back.

"These." I started breathing heavily as i saw these in his hand. I looked at Paxton terrified. I looked back at the doctor's hands to see him holding three pregnancy test.