eighty-one

It was passing hour before gym. I was walking over to gym class and trying to avoid everyone and everything. Devi was chasing me, but couldn't keep up.

I couldn't find Aneesa, and when i knew i was going to have to give up i saw her walk out of a bathroom that Paxton happened to be walking by at the same time. They greeted each other but that's not the point right now.

I ran over to Aneesa and Paxton instantly saw me and knew what i was up to. He stuck his arm out and looked at me.

"Mercedes, dont you fucking dare." I glared at him and giggled for a second.

"MeRcEdEs dOnT yOu FuCkIng daRe" i mocked him and threw my book bag off of me and put it towards the side. I kept my book in my hand and sprinted towards Aneesa.

It didn't take long for me to get her to the ground after i wacked her in the back of her head and had her fall for the ground. Punches were being thrown, he was tucking my hair but i could care less.

Her nails were digging into my skin, and her fist was meeting my face. The bloody nose began and started to get all over her white shirt she wore that day.

Not long after there were phone record and teachers trying to get through the crowd of students.

They eventually made it to us and some teacher i didn't even know picked me up and tried to take me away. But when i got up i just started kicking screaming and crying at of my anger filled inside of me came out i wasn't even able to control it.

I elbowed the teacher. It was an accident of me throwing my body around, and ran back to her but this time Paxton successfully stopped me and grabbed my shoulders.

The teacher regained movement and came come over to Paxton and I. My face was filled with blood sweat and tears. He grabbed my face despite the blood that was going to get all over his hands and looked at me.

I was breathing heavily and bawling my eyes out in front of the whole school but i didn't care anymore. He moved my head to look him in the eyes. His eyes were filled with sorrow and regret.

"in." he proceeded to breath in. "out." then breathed out. And he kept repeating him.

I was stilled so pissed at him i don't even want to listen but my body forced me to. So i did it but when i breathed out i screamed, with more tears.

He realized it was getting worse and loosened his grip on me. He wrapped his arm around my waist and let me fall into his arms and cry. then comforted me on the ground.

He knew i was in pain but he didn't know how to control it

The principal finally decided to come back from lunch break and take me from Paxton in the middle a crisis.

-

"are you out of your mind?" The principal asked me.

"Yeah." She stared at me while looking at a separate piece of paper. Aneesa was next i me and looked angry.

"I'd be upset if i lost a fight too." i giggled and she didn't.

"Aneesa. Can you step out of the room." She nodded and got out. "You cant be fighting people at school."

"I know but i did." I was sitting there just staring. My eyes were still red and puffy and my nose was red.

"Listen. I like you. But i have to suspense you and i know you're going through stuff, but if it makes you feel better Aneesa has to be suspended to. Please use the time for yourself, i'll excuse you from your class work if you would like."

I just sat there with no emotion. "I got it. Sorry."

"Stuff happens. Just don't do it at school next time." She grabbed a paper and signed it then handed it to me. "Have your mom sign this. Please get better and have a nice week."

I took the paper and walked out of the room where Aneesa was sitting. She glared at me and i just looked at her and walked away. I walked out of the office. I went to gym class to grab my clothes from my locker.

The locker room was locked from the outside so i had to go through the gym. Everyone's eyes went towards me right away.

"You weren't suspended?" One of the kids, i don't know whose name said.

"No I was." I held the paper up and the gym teacher came up to me. "Can i grab my clothes from my locker." She nodded and i went into the locker room to grab the clothes.

When i walked out of the other door Devi was in the hallway waiting for me to walk out.

"How did you find me?"

"Don't worry about it. What'd they say." She said while i had a handful of things.

"She said to use it a break for myself because she can tell i'm going through stuff."

Devi nodded and hugged me. "I hope you become the old Mercedes you were again. If you need me i'm across the street, unless it's during school hours then don't bother me, i gotta focus on my school because Ben is beating my by .004 points on my gpa."

I giggled and she walked back to class. The school doors were next to the locker room. I sat my stuff down and adjusted my things before i left.

"You bitch got me suspended." I jolted my head over to be Aneesa holding the same paper as me in her hand. "Do you not understand? My parents are indian im going to get killed, and there goes my soccer."

I stood their acting like i cared but i didn't. "Cool. I'm going to go home now." I adjusted my things in my hand one last time, and started walking towards the door.

"Mercedes." Another person had said my name but i knew exactly who it is.

"Are you coming to say by to me before i leave?" I heard Aneesa say. Like he did say my name and not hers right?

"Mercedes." Paxton came over to me breathing heavily. "I have to do this before you leave just in case you disappear again."

I looked at him confusingly until i felt his soft lips slam against mine, right in front of Aneesa.