thirty-three

"I'm not going."

"Mercedes please." I heard him beg as i walked into my room and laid back down.

"No."

"Mercedes."

"Why would i, i won't even be able to hang out with you like how i usually do." I complained and wrapped myself back into the blanket.

"I know but maybe we can split up in group. Fabiola, Eleanor and Devi. You me and Ben."

I rolled my eyes, "Yeah, but Devi's is going to make sure she's with you."

"Not if i say something."

"PAXTON! I'm not going."

"You can't leave me."

I stood there with a straight face and ran downstairs and sat on the couch with my mom, and Paxton walked in.

"What's wrong with you?" My mom asked me as i took the blanket off of the back of the couch and curled up in it.

"Mmm." I groaned, and Paxton walked in and sat on the recliner.

"She's mad."

"What did you do?"

"Nothing. It's just i wanted to go to an amusement park with her, but i invited Fabiola, Eleanor, and Ben, but one of the girls accidentally mentioned it and now Devi is coming along. She mad because she won't be able to do anything with me if Devi is there."

"Sadie you should just go." My mom said while smacking my thigh lightly

"No."

"It's not like you have a reason to be mad at Devi though."

"No, i don't, but i don't wanna go. I'm tired."

"You can sleep on the way there."

"Yeah but i won't wake up on purpose."

"Mercedes."

"No. Unless you convince me that the whole 'group' situation is going to work then i don't think so."

I got up and sprinted upstairs and slammed my door so i could wrap myself in a burrito and go to bed.

Paxton's POV

"She's just being a brat. She'll give in." Her mom said to me.

"I don't know. I cant say that both Mercedes and I can't go because that will look even more suspicious."

"Maybe have someone who has more power than Devi, say, 'these are the groups, and there's no changing it.' Then you guys can go and do your thing."

"That doesn't sound too bad. I can ask him. But i'm going to ask her first."

I went upstairs and knocked on her door and i didn't get an answer, so i just walked in to see her sleeping all curled up in her blanket

I went up to her and poked her and she groaned before turning to the other side of her bed.

"Mercedes, i can have Ben make sure that when we choose the groups that it's final. He has more power over Devi, even though Devi might fight, but he always wins."

"Mhm."

"MERCEDES!"

"OH MY GOD FINE! I'm only going to get you off my ass." She snapped at me and went into her closet to get stuff to wear. She came stomping out with clothes in her hand to wear, and a pissed off long on her face. Which she was still cute either way. "I'm going to shower."