fifty-four

"You know the more i look at my dress the more i hate it." I told Paxton as i sat there staring at my dress after i decided to try it on once again.

"You're joking."

"I'm really not. The flow to it just isn't something i'd usually wear. I thought it looked fine in the fitting room, but now it just looks weird on me. I like the fit dresses better, or maybe something that just lays on my body better."

"Alright." He turned my head at him at he was starting to get up and grab his car keys. "Let's go back to the mall."

"But we don-"

"Get dressed, we can take the dress back, and exchange it. I'll meet you in the car."

Paxton has left and i went into the bathroom to get changed back into the clothes i had one, which were just fuzzy pajamas pants with a black shirt.

I went to the car with the dress and receipt in my hand, with the bag that i tried to get the dress to fit into but it just wasn't working.

I had opened the back seat of the car to lay the dress down in, and hoped in the front with Paxton, and kissed him on the cheek.

"Have i ever told you how much i loooove you." I said while dragging the o in love.

"Don't feel bad."

"Feel bad? Me? Feeling bad? I would never."

"Oh my god. Don't hide it Cherry."

"Pfft."

"You're such a bad liar."

"I'm not lying!" I said, and my voice not only cracked but it went up three octaves. "Okay, maybe i do feel a little bad, but that doesn't mean i don't appreciate it."

Paxton didn't say anything for a few minutes, but looked over to see what i was wearing then did a double take.

"Are you seriously wearing your paw patrol pajamas?" Paxton noticed and decided to make fun me.

"Hey! Leave Everest alone! She is very cute, and she deserves some attention from the world too."

"You're so cute."

"PAXTON! THIS ISNT A TIME TO BE CALLING ME CUTE!" I said while flopping my arms around everywhere.

We had arrived at the mall and Paxton was trying to help me get the bag over the dress so it looked like it wasn't touched much since the day we bought it.

"What was the store called?" Paxton asked me as we walked into the mall, and began to walk into the main part.

"Hell if i know." We continued to walk and i was keeping my eye out for the store with the dress, and good thing i did because i found it. "There it is."

We walked in and Paxton's cousin was working once again, and i was thankful for that because we know she wouldn't be a shitty worker.

"Paxton!" She greeted him. "Mercedes? Right?" I nodded and giggled. "What are you guys doing back here?"

"She likes the dress, just not on her." Paxton said and took the dress from me and laid it down on the counter.

"Well, are you looking for something fitting?"

"Yeah, something gold too, i don't want Paxton to have to take his stuff back."

"Goodie! That shouldn't be too hard. Wait over here by the dressing room and i'll go find a few for you." She looked at the size on my old dress and walked around to find a few dresses.

"Mercedes, i can take the stuff back if you need a different color." Paxton offered.

"Don't be such a sweetheart, gold isn't hard to find."

Within minutes of standing by the fitting rooms, Sierra came walking over with three different good dresses, one having spaghetti straps, another off the shoulder long sleeves, and a halter dress.

"Here. If there is one that you don't really like, just tell me right now, and i will take it back to the racks."

I looked over them, and my favorite was the off the shoulder long sleeve one, but i also decided that trying on the spaghetti strap one won't be horrible.

"I'll take those two. Halter tops aren't exactly my cup of tea." She handed me the two dresses and took back the other one.

I showed Paxton to make sure he was okay with them and he nodded and shewed me into the dressing room.

I tried on the spaghetti strap one first, and i liked it but it was just too simple, the off the shoulder with the other one just intrigued me more, and it had more to it.

I got out of that one and put myself into the off the shoulder, and i loved it way more than any of the other dresses i had seen or tried on.

I opened the fitting room door and Sierra and Paxton were both sitting in the waiting chairs so they were right there in my face as soon as i opened the door, and Sierra looked very happy, and Paxton looked like he had a loss of words.

"I am glad you decided to exchange! That dress was made for you." Sierra said and walked over to me so she could put me in front of the bigger mirror. "Paxton come see your beautiful girlfriend!"

Paxton has gotten up and went over to the mirror and stood next to the podium.

"I'm tall than you." I said and he laughed because i was only a few inches taller than him with the podium.

"Are you going to get it?" He whispered to me.

"That's a stupid question."

"You guys better send me pictures you guys take, I can hang them up in here and you guys can be a little modeling couple." Paxton rolled his eyes at her and she smacked him.

"That sound be a compliment Paxton." I said to him and he shrugged his shoulders. "Here i'll get changed so we can go home and cuddle."

I got off of the podium and made my way back to the fitting room, and tried to get changed as fast as possible because i didn't want to make Paxton wait any longer than what he had to.

As i was getting changed i could hear Paxton and Sierra talking. I didn't lean my ear on the door but i did start going slower so i wasn't making too much noise just so i could hear what they were saying.

"Paxton, auntie and I haven't seen you this happy in a while. Auntie would love to meet her."

"Auntie might scare her away Sierra."

"Don't be silly! Auntie is just a little energetic." I heard her laugh. "But seriously. She much mean so much to you."

"Sierra. I love her more than i love swimming, and myself. If that doesn't say anything, then i don't know what does."