CHAPTER 39: A New Best Friend.

Justin's P.O.V

It was Wednesday and I was already in class waiting for Mr. Winston, the biology teacher to appear. Just when I thought I was going to die waiting, he walked in... with a young boy about my age. Mr. Winston is a tall and light-skinned man. He's so white; when he's mad, his skin turns red.

As for the boy- I've never seen him in the Empire before. I guessed he's new. He was also quite tall and dark. He had curly hair which had a shiny black color. The hair at the sides of his head was lower than that on the top of his head which made him looked a lot more attractive. He was also slim and had light brown eyes.

He walked into the middle of the class and grabbed our attention. "Hey, I'm Alan Grey, an exchange student from Winchester High." He said. He sounded pretty composed and for a new kid, he seemed not to be shy at all. He told us that he heard a lot about the Empire and he always wanted to come here. And that's why he took his opportunity as it came. He had exchanged with Toby Munroe.

He took Toby Munroe's seat which was on the second row and then Mr. Winston told Brenda; the nerd of the class as Lisa had told me before, to take him round the school during break and then the lesson started.

*********************

After the fourth lesson, it was break time. As I was packing up my books, Brenda suddenly approached me. She said I should help her take the Alan on tour because she had something very important to do. I didn't have anything 'very important' to do so I agreed to do it. I thought it was going to be fun meeting new people.

Unlike it was when I came into the Empire newly, boys and girls didn't gather around him. The most they did was to tell him hi and then walk past. Maybe it was because of the Physics test. 😂

Some seconds later, it was just him and I in class.

"Emm... please where is the girl that was supposed to take me round the school? Brenda." He asked. He probably thought she stood him up.

"She's got something really important to do, so I'll take you instead."

"You will? Great!"

"Shall we go now?"

"Sure," he said and we left

"So um... you're going to my first friend in the Empire, right?" I nodded. "I'm so excited."

"The pleasure's all mine." I said, trying to go with the flow. "So, why did you decide to change schools? What do you love so much about The Empire that has brought you here?" I just couldn't contain the curiosity.

"Me? I just like the school; everything about it." He stated with his unusually deep voice and I smelt a lie.

"Is there anything wrong with Winchester High?" I asked. I felt I was burrowing too deep and I remembered when Anastasia asked me a question like this and I got furious. Well, ours was actually a wholly different case.

"Nope, not a thing!" He stated. I left it at that. He said there was nothing wrong so why should I bother myself?

When we left the gym, he asked; "What is your name my good friend?"

"Justin Cole." I said sharply.

"Cole?" He asked surprised. "Did you know the legendary Davis Cole? That wrestler."

"Not personally, but I admire him." Why did I have to lie? Maybe I could tell him the truth if the need ever arises. If I told him the truth, he would've probably fainted.

"Damn, I love him. And the Triple A was just so spectacular!" He commented. Does everyone I meet always have to remind me about my dad?

"Yeah."