CHAPTER 14: Where are We? Metroburg?

Assassin's P.O.V

I woke up feeling a lot of pain in my shoulder. Then I remembered that I was shot there when I was fighting Davis Cole's son.

The fact that he had superpowers; that he could control things was really stunning. I had never believed in superpowers till now. And he fought with so much skill, which made me doubt he was a teenager. The way he fought was just intriguing, but to our detriment.

I tried to stand up but I found it extremely difficult; every part of my body hurt from all the punches and kicks I got from that kid. With all my strength, I finally stood up.

I saw all the guys that came on the mission with me, on the ground, bleeding with bullets inserted in different parts of their body. Dead! All the bullets we wasted on him were lying on the ground. Everywhere was messed up so badly!

I was so lucky I wasn't part of the guys that were dead on the ground. The bullet he shot at me slightly missed my right lung. I was also bleeding from the wound and I had to stop it.

I pulled off my shirt and then my inner wear and then tied my innerwear across my chest so I would not lose any more blood. Then I wore my shirt back. I picked up two guns that were lying on the floor.

I walked the room and tried to open the door but it was locked! That idiot boy must have locked it. I had to use one of the guns that had a silencer to shoot at the lock till it got destroyed. Then I left the room. 

******************

When I got to John's mansion by 12:30am then I called him on phone and told him I was by his gate. By the way he talked, he was extremely confused about why I was calling him so late in the night.

A man, probably his gate-keeper opened the gate for me and I went in. Immediately, I headed straight to the building we always met in; the bar. It was large and fancy and better than pretty much half the bars I've been to.

He was sitting down, waiting for me and then I greeted him and sat directly opposite him. He called the waitress that was in the bar and told her to bring two bottles of Hennessy and two glasses for both of us. He probably thought all was well.

Then he told the waitress to leave the bar so we could have our privacy. "So... how did it go? Did you kill him?" He asked curiously.

I frowned slightly. "No... we didn't." I paused "That's what I came to tell you." The expression on his face changed suddenly.

"Why?" He asked, shocked. "What happened?"

"It still shocks me and I still don't understand how or why but that guy you sent us to kill, he has superpowers."

His face turned pale. He also looked surprised, just a hundred times more surprised than I was when I found out. I thought he was even going to faint.

"I don't understand... What do you mean by that?"

"He can kind of control things without having direct contact with what he's controlling... and that is what he did to us. Its so weird"

He said nothing for up to a minute. He was probably trying to process all I had said.

"What about the rest of them?"

I heaved a sigh. "They're all dead, the eight of them... I'm the only survivor."

"What?!" He yelled. His face now turning red with fury. "And none of you could do anything?"

"I couldn't. I was lucky to have escaped death. The bullet he shot at me slightly missed my left lung."

He looked lost. Like he had lost a very important war. Why did he want to kill that innocent boy so badly anyways?

*********************

Coyde's P.O.V

'Justin Cole has superpowers? Bullshit! Its so difficult to believe that crap' I thought.

"So you're actually telling me that that little boy killed all of them and you had the guts to call yourselves professional assassins?!" I yelled, breaking the silence.

"No, its not like that." He said.

"So, Its like what?" I snapped.

"Like someone extremely talented trained him on how to fight. I'm thinking... maybe his dad, because his skills were stunning. And the way he handled those guns... I."

"This is a big scam! Go tell Charles and the rest of his men that I'm not believing this bullshit! How can a fifteen years old boy beat all nine of you? Impossible!" I spat. "What did he offer for you men to set him free?... I don't even think I can call you men anymore."

"You won't understand it until you're in our shoes. You think we'd have wanted to die like that?" He started yelling. "Look at this," he said pulling his shirt up. I saw his singlet tied across his chest and stained heavily with blood. "He was too powerful for any of us."

"So this was the best story you guys could cook up for me to believe. So pathetic!" I spat.

"Its no lie sir." He said in a very serious voice, so serious I was tempted to believe what he was saying. But I'd have to be very foolish to believe that. Does he think I'm a child? Where are we? Metroburg?

Every word that came out of his mouth disgusted me. They were getting me very angry.

"So I wasted so much money on you guys and you couldn't even kill the damn boy I said you should?" I asked.

He didn't reply and that vexed me more.

"It would be better for you to also die with them so I'll know that my money is not in vain." I pulled my pistol on him and I saw a sharp, surprised look on his face before I made a bullet pass through his skull.

"Alex!" I called out. Alex was my bodyguard, though he hardly ever did any bodyguarding. He was very hefty and reliable. He came in seconds later.

"Get this dead body out of here and go and bury him at the backyard." "Maybe his body will serve as fertilizer to our nursery." I murmured and laughed.

I laughed at the dumb story that guy just told me. Superpowers are not real and never will be. I'm pretty sure he was just trying to use that as an excuse so he could run off with my money and that boy's bribe... but he's just ended up six feet below the soil in our backyard.

I decided that I wouldn't meet Charles again for things of this sort because his men are so untrained and unreliable. Such a waste!

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

Hey, guys. How was this chapter. Was it awesome enough or not? I really hope you liked it and if you did, don't forget to, 

VOTE,

COMMENT,

SHARE 

and KEEP READING

Thank you all for reading. Hope you enjoy it!😀😉