CHAPTER 35: Having a Seizure!

Justin's P.O.V

I had texted Lisa to come to my room some minutes ago so when I heard knocks at the door, I knew it was her. I got off my bed and went to open the door.

I saw an emotionless face staring at me when I opened the door. She was different this night; she didn't have that spark she normally had in her.

I ushered her in and she came in. I closed the door behind her.

I walked to my bed and then dragged the frozen body from beneath it. We both stood in silence for some seconds, thinking of what to do with the body. I couldn't actually say I was thinking because I knew that the only thing we could do to the man was to kill him if he wasn't already dead. But I didn't want to go back to my old ways... especially not in Lisa's presence.

And also, I wasn't going to use my telekinesis because I couldn't bear having one of my 'seizures' and kill him as brutally as I normally kill assassins.

"Let's take him to the attic." She suggested abruptly.

"To the—Okay!" I agreed though I was kind of confused. I was happy that she was the one deciding what we were going to do and not me. I didn't like being the mastermind of operations like this cos one wrong move and you're done for. Plus, she seemed to be in control of the whole situation. So what could possibly go wrong?

"Please can you help me lift him up? He's pretty heavy." She remarked and chuckled. We bent down to lift it up and it was heavy and I was tempted to use my powers but I didn't.

'How long am I going to live in fear of my powers?' I asked myself and also wondered what plan Lisa had under her sleeves that she was going to unveil when we finally get to the attic.

It was difficult carrying such heavy load upstairs but we did it at last... together. When we got to the attic, we dropped him and stood at opposite sides. I was wallowing in a pool of suspense and I just couldn't keep up anymore.

"So what's your plan? Are..." I halted when I saw that her pupils had a glowing light-blue color. She was having a freaking 'seizure!'

She picked up a dusty baseball bat from a box and used it to whack some of the ice covering his face so hard that most of it broke, exposing his head. He immediately regained consciousness and gasped for air. The broken ice gradually melted into water.

I thought she wasn't meant to be seen by the man or something like that- I was totally lost. Plus, how he was able to stay frozen and without oxygen for more than half an hour baffled me a lot cos a normal human found it hard to stay even for two minutes without air. I really expected him to be dead. That would have made our job damn easy.

He was still holding the dagger with his hands which were above his head but he dropped it for fear of Lisa. He was defenseless now because the rest of his body was covered in ice. His pale face was filled with terror and I sort of felt for him. But that pity wasn't going to overshadow the rage in me that easily.

"Why are you here? Who sent you?" She asked the immobile man with a hoarse, commanding tone. I never knew Lisa had a deep voice until now. I knew that I was typically meant to snap her out of the trance but I was scared to, to be honest. I knew that if I was in Lisa's shoes, I would have undoubtedly killed whoever tried to interfere when I was angry.

I was hoping he was bold enough not to answer Lisa's questions though he looked very terrified. I didn't want Lisa to find out that her BFF's dad was the one behind all the commotion going on. It was certainly going to bring bad blood between the two of them. As I prayed, he didn't reply her . 'Loyal to death.' I thought and then laughed at his loyalty. How could he be that loyal??

"Answer me... who the fuck sent you?" She asked again, raising her voice. The tips of her fingers started turning blue, like she was freezing. The plates of ice crept to the middle of her forearm and then stopped.

She started making hand movements and then ice spikes appeared in the midair, all pointing at the man's face.

"You're not going to tell me, are you?" She asked with a hoarse and authoritative voice. He still didn't answer. "Let's do it the hard way then."

She moved her right hand backwards and then moved it forward with dashing speed. The ice spikes followed her hand movements and went traveling towards his face.

I saw everything happen slowly but I had no time to decide what to do so I just stretched my hand forward. They were still moving and I thought there was no other way to save him until the spikes stopped some centimeters from his face and fell.

I breathed a sigh of relief. "Don't kill him!" I warned. I didn't want her to kill him because I knew exactly how it felt- after having your first kill... you won't want to stop!

"I shouldn't kill him, huh?" She asked with the evil voice she had talked with earlier on. She quickly picked up the bat she had dropped on the floor earlier on and then used it to whack the back of his head. He went unconscious as a result of the hit. Some of his blood was even on the bat.

For a second, I had thought she was going to listen to me. I looked at the mess in front of me; an unconscious man and an insane girl. Just when I thought nothing could get worse than this, Lisa fainted. I caught her right before she fell and placed her back to rest against the dusty wall. Now its two unconscious bodies. Goddammit!

***************

I knew I had to do something quickly if I really wanted to sleep. So I picked up the bloody bat and used it to bash the remaining ice covering his body. I squatted to check his heartbeat and luckily, it was still beating okay.

I stood motionless for some seconds, thinking of what to do. That was when my mind darted to the fact that Bob or Mirabel could go to our rooms to check on us anytime. And it was midnight so if we got caught, we'll literally be dead.

I couldn't think straight anymore because of all the tension welling up in me, so, I did the first thing my mind told me to do. I prayed that I won't have any seizure, then I opened the large dormer windows

I lifted him using my telekinesis and then I just flung him out. I heard his body hitting a hard, sonorous metal. I had that assurance that from his build, he could endure so much. And for some reason, I wasn't scared that he may reveal that Lisa and I have powers or anything cos I was wholly convinced that because of the force Lisa used to hit him, he was definitely going to wake up a mad man.

I closed the window and picked an unconscious Lisa off the ground. I opened the door and got out of the attic. All that was bothering me was the fact that Bob or Mirabel or both could see me coming downstairs with their beloved daughter in my arms in the dark of the night. I knew exactly what they were going to think. It would ruin my image.

My heart kept pounding faster as I walked down the stairs step by step. I imagined their questioning eyes and that disappointed look on their face and I wondered which was better- to tell them the truth, or to let them think what they wanted to.

Luckily for me, I didn't have to make such a decision because I arrived at Lisa's room safely. I lay her gently on her bed and tucked her in then I left the room to mine.

I lay down on my bed with an unfamiliar tinge of excitement. I had prevented Lisa from making her first kill.. I just hoped she'll be okay when she wakes up in the morning cos sometimes after those seizures, I get endless, banging headaches.

And I was so elated that I was finally getting a hang of my powers. Maybe they actually aren't a curse after all.

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

How was this Chapter guys? I hope you loved it. Please vote and comment if you did.

Love y'all

~abthor7