CHAPTER 4: The Match.

Davis's P.O.V ( 2 years later).

'Today is a very big day for me,' I thought as I dressed up in my dressing room. 

Oh, I didn't let you know that I'm a wrestler in WWE and I have been one for sixteen years now. Today I am going to fight against the Universal Champion, John Coyde.  It was going to be a life-changing and very tough match and I knew it. That's why I'd been practicing so much.

That's what I do for a living, I wrestle. Its what has always brought food to our table.

I'd fought so many people and came out victorious so I wasn't not scared about this one. 

I'm sure Coyde never expected that I'll wrestle him. Reason being that he was the one that helped me to get where I am today. Yes, he sponsored me when I was just a street fighter. If it weren't for him, I wouldn't have been here. I think he saw the skills in me and thought he could use me to make some more gains for his selfish self and he did.

I know I'm meant to be grateful to him and I am very grateful, but, the hustle's got to continue. Its not like he even helped me in my whole career. He helped me a little and I picked up and helped myself.

I put on my wrestling outfit and wore my USA Championship Belt around my waist, then did all my last touches before I came out. 

When I came out, I heard Coyde's entrance song being played and he did his shit and got into the ring. There were some boos. There normally are, but muffled. I really wanted to get the thing I've been wanting for a great part of my life: The Universal Championship Belt.

Then I heard mine playing.

'Its show time!' I said to myself, as I walked through the curtain. Then, I walked through the alley, gesturing and shaking fans and all. At least the applauds and screams that were made when I was entering were loud enough. And that's why I love what I do. I love the fans and the job. They're just so awesome!

And that's exactly what Coyde lacked, that passion just wasn't there. And not just that. He also lacked sense; his egoistic nature made me want to kick his ass... and that's exactly what I was about to do. 

Before we started the match, a video was played on the large televisions hung in different parts of the stadium. It was one where Coyde was telling a WWE journalist that: "Just anticipate Monday, alright. That's going to be the day I'll beat that asshole. What's his dumb name again?"

The journalist reminded him and then he continued. "Yeah, Davis Cole. I'm going to beat him up and shove shit down his throat! Then I'm going to show that ungrateful bastard who's boss! Just keep anticipating... Monday night is going to be the worst night of his damn life!."

And his dream actually came true, there were so many people that came to watch the match. I could even spot some sharing seats. 

But the only part that wasn't going to come true for him is the part where he said that he was going to beat me and shove shit through my guts. I'll never allow him to beat me so easily, and even if he did, I'll never allow him shove shit through my guts, as in, which normal human being will allow that?

"And also,"

'Come on, he's not done blabbing yet?' I asked myself as the video continued playing. It was paused before. "If a fucked up street rat like Davis Cole can beat me, I don't think I'm worth being here. I'll end my career." He ended as he slammed the microphone on the ground and walked away.

I heard a lot of boos from the crowd and a faint applause. I think the audience despise him as much as I do. 

Then the journalist picked up the microphone and said: "Show him who's boss? Lets see how that goes." Then the televisions went off.