CHAPTER 26: Bad News.

This was actually meant to come before Chapter 25... but I guess I made a mistake. Anyways... I even prefer it this way. Enjoy!

Logan's P.O.V

It had been a week since I sent my two personal assassins; Shawn and Xander on that mission to kill, what's his name again? Oh yeah... Justin Cole. And they still hadn't come back to take their money or tell me what's up. It was so unusual!

They were trained as agents by the government before they got 'sacked' for doing drugs. And then I employed them. Since then, they have been working for me in the drug business until now that John Coyde offered a whooping one million dollars... just for them to kill a fifteen year old kid. Such a waste!

I expected it to be real easy for them because they were actually very good in martial arts and with guns. Besides, as I had said earlier... it was just a fifteen year old boy.

I called Shawn for like the twentieth time this week and his phone rang but he didn't pick up... again! I also called Xander but his phone was switched off. What went wrong?

Coyde had already sent a message to me that the boy was still alive. I didn't know how possible that was and I also didn't know why Shawn and Xander weren't picking my calls.

It was very possible that they were bribed by the boy. For goodness sake, he's the son of multi-millionaire; Davis Cole so it was not so difficult for him to give a couple million dollars for his life. They must have fled the country after taking a life-changing amount from the kid and have now decided not to take my phone calls anymore. I never fully trusted them though... so I actually wasn't surprised that this was happening.

But I just couldn't understand why they would have collected any money and ran away. It would have been understandable if they had killed him afterwards, but they didn't... it was really puzzling. Was it that they didn't know the art of deception? No way they wouldn't know it when I was the one that trained them... partly though.

I picked my phone up and dialled Coyde's number. I had to tell him what my findings were... but in a different way.

Coyde's P.O.V

My phone was lying on my bed, ringing. I checked who was calling and I saw it was Logan.

I wouldn't have attempted to pick it if I hadn't remembered that I had given him an assignment and he hadn't yet given me feedback.

Vanessa, my wife was right inside the room, lying on our bed when it rang, so I couldn't possibly pick the phone right there.

"Who is it?" She asked. Damn... why did she ask?

It was still ringing. "Its a business associate, really important." I lied

She nodded her head in approval and I left the room to one of the multiple guest rooms in the house.

I tapped the 'answer' button and placed the phone on my left ear. I heard his annoying voice say; "Hello John" He said it so gayishly, I felt like puking.

"Any new development?" I asked in a husky and hoarse voice.

"Yes..." He said and paused, keeping me in suspense.

"Uhuh..." I said and he cut me short.

"... There's bad news" I was so shocked by what he said... I couldn't find any words in my mouth.

"Bad news??? What could possibly go wrong??" I asked hysterically.

"My men..." He said and paused for some seconds again. He was always so dramatic. That was one reason I disliked him so much. "... were killed."