CHAPTER 42: Black Lives do Matter.

Alan's P.O.V

Justin was hella a good friend to me. He helped me blend into the school's system pretty fast. He also helped me in my assignments occasionally. Though his humor wasn't so great, he's still cool.

We actually went skating on Saturday and it was exciting to see that not all people are the same. Then he took me around the town in his uncle's car; to arcades, pizza places, cinemas... Saturday was so lit, I'd say it was the best day I've had in this town.

The reason I left Winchester High was because of the people there; they always treated me differently just because of my skin color. I was the only Black student in the whole damn school. Firstly, I was bullied almost daily by different assholes. No White student was ever bullied. And guess what... When I finally got the balls to report them to the Principal, she said she'll do something about it, but till today, nothing has been done to them... Not even a detention. Meanwhile, I got a detention the first time I tried to fight back. Damn them!!

And it wasn't just the students and the Principal, the teachers were also racist; they always let the White kids ask or answer questions or make contributions before I was ever given a chance. It was so bad, my grades went from not-so-bad to bad and from bad to worse just cos of the preferential treatment. They literally made sure all the White kids' hands were down before they let me say anything. It was as bad as that. They were all fucking racists!

But I didn't bother telling my parents. I knew that if they got to know about it, they'd have probably charged the school to court. And I didn't want to be the talk of the school. So, when I heard about the exchange program, I took the first flight straight to the Empire and since then, I've had no regrets. I felt better not being the only Black at school and everyone was different here. Those Winchester guys could fuck themselves now if they wanted!

I was now living with my elder brother who had an apartment here. I really wonder why I didn't think of this all this while. It woulda saved me a lot. It's so sad that Toby is unaware of what lies ahead of him at Winchester High.

Well, I'll probably tell Justin the actual reason for coming to the Empire someday. But it won't be anytime soon.

He even got a lot more popular in the Empire than I'd have ever been in Winchester; since he introduced me to football and I've been training a lot... and I'd say I'm getting better. I never got the chance to even have a training session. A training session! at Winchester High. Okay, I'll shut up about that damned school now.

I'm so glad to have a friend like him. And it's so weird that he ain't got like a pack of friends or even a gang. That was probably because he's an introvert; though he's a lot more fun and open than an introvert is... So I'd rather say he's an ambivert.

I think what made him popular was just his attractiveness- From his masculine face to his full, light pink lips to his icy blue eyes and then to his black hair. It was just a combo of great qualities. If I were a girl, Idda probably been falling head over heels for him. Plus, he's one of the school's top strikers; he scored the only goal against the Scorpions- Eastburn High's football team. His physique and his crazy speed helped him a whole lot in that.

I'm already dating Cindy Kentucky and believe me; I didn't make the first move. She's the leader of the cheerleading squad and a White. Weird, right? I told you they weren't that bad.

She's a good girlfriend though we've been together for a little less than three days. Just that, with extremely rich people comes extremely many problems. They always got that touch of snobbishness and arrogance in them. But it seemed like Cindy was different. Sincerely, I wasn't ready to take the relationship very seriously; like to be loyal to the end. I'm in love with diversity.