CHAPTER 73: You Want a Conversation?

Anastasia's P.O.V

When I got back to my room, my phone was ringing. It was Justin. I cut the call.

"Damn!" I exclaimed when I found he had called me forty-seven times.

Then it rang once more. It was him again. Why was he acting so desperate when we both know he doesn't give two shits?
Well, this time I finally picked the call.

"Hey, I know you're mad at me and I'm sorry about everything that has happened between Lisa and I and I deserve all this but you need to listen to my explanation." He said, rushing his words like the call was time-bound. "Please."

"Okay... But be hasty."

"I can't do it over the phone."

"I can't bear being with a liar like you—It's over."

He didn't speak for a while. Then out of the blues, he did again, sharply; "But that doesn't mean we can't see each other anymore, does it. I really need to talk to you."

"You are right now, aren't you?"

"Yeah but I've told you, I can't do all that explanation on phone."

Why in the world did he want us to meet this bad? Did he think I was still dumb enough to fall into his deathtrap? I wasn't going to let it happen again.

"Look, I don't even know why the fuck I'm speaking to you right now. I told you we can't me so can you get off of my phone?"

"But can we meet at school? Maybe the library? There'll be other people there." Sometimes, I wondered how he managed to behave like he did care. Damn, he was the exact definition of hot and cold.

"Alright," I reluctantly gave in and hung up.

**********

Justin's P.O.V

It was night and I was out, sitting on my bed in my room. Earlier today when Ana finally picked my call, she sounded so cold. I acknowledge the fact that she has all the rights to be mad at me but it seemed like she was never going to forgive me.

I was so worried, throughout the day, I spoke sparingly. I couldn't believe that such beautiful romance was destroyed by Lisa's envy and my naivety. It wasn't fair.

At some point, I got up from my bed and did as many push-ups as my body could take. In the end, I was lying motionless on the carpet, my muscles burning like hell. That was my own form of self-harm. Pretty crazy, isn't it?

I lay down there for a long time, regretting ever kissing Lisa. I really wished that I had just told her from the beginning that I couldn't possibly date her. None of this would've happened if I had told her. None!

**********

I abruptly woke up about two hours later. I found myself on my furry, blue rug.

I quickly got up and went outside to sit on the roof of the middle school where I normally sit for fresh air.

The air tonight was cool and refreshing and it made me feel somewhat good. I gazed at the cloudy midnight clouds as the thought hit me—What in the world am I gonna tell Ana tomorrow? I really couldn't think of anything.

Well, you just have to be truthful and tell her everything, a part of me suggested but it seemed a bit too crazy. I couldn't tell all my secrets to someone I knew could always blab them out to her dad if she ever gets mad at me again. It'll be plain stupid of me.

But that's the only way, it tugged at me.

Look, forget about her father, I just can't bring myself to doing it, I excused.

Then it means you don't truly love her, It back-talked. It was so good at that and it was always right.

Just then, I heard my windows open and not long later, Lisa glided towards me on her hover board.

"What do you want from me?" I asked, exasperated. Wasn't she satisfied with all the trouble she'd caused?

"You look kinda sad so I thought—why don't I just talk to you."

"Thank you very much but I don't need your help neither do I, your fake speeches." With hat, I took out off, flying as fast as I could in no particular direction... as if I was trying to evade some nightmare. I actually was.

She tailed me. "Hey, wait up!"

"Fucking leave me alone, will you?" I yelled.

"No! I won't let you beat yourself up over something that doesn't matter."

"That made me get a lot less sad, Lisa," I muttered hoping she wouldn't hear cos that made me sound vulnerable.

"You're welcome."

I didn't say anything till I landed at Southside Corner.

She immediately landed after me.

"Can we please just talk about this over two bottles of Coke?" she requested.

"I'd have preferred a Fanta but no. Just leave me alone."

I went and sat by a corner while Lisa ordered drinks. She joined me at the table with a bottle of Cole for herself and a bottle of Fanta for me and sat.

"Have this," she said, handing me the bottle of Fanta.

"No! All I need right now is fucking solitude but you just won't let me have it. Don't you get it?" I asked, wishing she could just disappear.

"She's not worth any of this."

"I'm leaving," I declared and walked out of the building, leaving the bottle of Fanta untouched. I didn't give a shit though.

Unfortunately, she still followed me even as I launched myself into the sky. I flew with very high speed as I literally rained down tears. She was torturing me. Why the fuck wouldn't she just leave me???

Suddenly, all the sorrow in me metamorphosed into anger and I abruptly landed in the middle of nowhere.

"You want a conversation?"