CHAPTER 47: Finally Saturday.

Justin's P.O.V

I couldn't believe that I let her have her first kill. Like; what the f*ck? I told her to wait for me. Why didn't she just do as I said?

I felt so damn useless. And she was probably going to want to kill more people because as I had said before, once you've had your first kill, you won't want to stop. Killing won't feel so wrong to you anymore. I really wish I could turn back time to the point when she killed him and stop her. Ugh!

And after it all, she just came and kissed me. Was it a way of saying 'Sorry for not listening to you though I saved your ass'? If that was what she meant... I wasn't going to accept her apology.

And she didn't save my ass. I'm a hundred percent sure that right now, she feels like some hero; like she's my guardian angel or something. I'm sure I would have saved myself if she hadn't come.

Plus, the new superpower was just so crazy. It was as if anytime I encountered new villains, I always discover a new superpower. What really am I? I really wish dad were here to answer that question.

Also, when I squatted to observe that monster guy, I saw it again—that crocodile tattoo on his neck. It was the same tattoo that I saw on that kidnapper whose neck I had snapped, the exact same thing; a crocodile eating a man. It wasn't Lacoste though. It looked a lot more realistic and more spectacular than that. And it was on the three dead men's necks.

The coincidence came to me as a shock but somehow, I expected it. Maybe it was my cosmic reason for having this telekinesis that I love and at the same time, dread.

I was guessing they were like some kind of team of assassins just like the League of Assassins, only difference being that they had really weird supernatural abilities like that crocodile man.

I felt satisfied that I had finally found my calling and I hoped that maybe when I'm done killing all of them, the superpower would leave me for good. But something in me told me otherwise; that I was stuck with them forever.

*********************

Alan and I had gone shopping on Friday afternoon to get something I was going to give Anastasia on Saturday. Even though he claimed he hated shopping, I coerced him. And guess what... we came out of the mall with almost half of the stuff inside. Bill's on me though.

He never spoke to me about Lisa but for some reason, I was certain that had feelings for her. It was written everywhere on his face. Anyway, I promised him, though I didn't actually tell him anything; that I was going to make it work no matter what! Damn, that's such a big thing. Thank goodness I didn't say it out loud.

*********************

The Saturday finally came and anytime I thought about asking Anastasia to be my girlfriend, I felt my heart skip a beat. Damn, I never thought it'd be that scary.

Lisa and I read together till one and then we went to play FIFA. By seven, I went to take a shower. When I was done, I put on a pair of grey chinos trousers, a red shirt and a black leather jacket. Then I wore dark blue sneakers.

I looked into the mirror but something wasn't right; it was the jacket. I pulled it off and then looked into the mirror again. I looked perfect! I brushed my hair and wore perfume then I went downstairs.

I went to join Mirabel in the kitchen but she said I shouldn't bother since I was all dressed up and also, Lisa and Julie were already with her. So I went to the parlor and began watching TV. I wasn't really concentrating on what I was watching. All that was on my mind was Anastasia. I felt so damn nervous. Why was I feeling so nervous?