CHAPTER 71: It's All Over!

Anastasia's P.O.V

It was so mind-blowing. I had never expected any of that drama to happen. So both Justin and his cousin have superpowers no one knows about. Crazy stuff!

I felt so betrayed... Lisa and I would've never ever keep secrets from each other but now I'm sure there are a couple of skeletons in her cupboard... like she'd ever mentioned it to me that she had superpowers though we had been friends since childhood.

Guess dad is right. Again! But it still doesn't make sense—Justin hasn't even been in our lives for up to a year yet. Also, if all this was part of a plan, why would Lisa reveal that both of them were in a relationship?

Right then, I felt like pulling out my hair. Why doesn't any of this make sense to me???

Believe it or not, its cos of our friendship that her dad got a job at Coyde Corp and also cos of his experience but still... But she never thought to tell me such a big thing.

She had looked pretty exasperated by my words; her pupils were glowing blue and ice started forming from her palms.

WTF! She was about to kill me. I thought. Right then, there was literally nothing I could do to help myself. I just covered my agape mouth, glaring at her and praying for some certain miracle to happen.

But it couldn't be Justin; that must've probably been their plan from the goddamn beginning. I shouldn't have come, I regretted, watching Lisa try to kill me.

Lisa was about to stab me when with the giant icicle that had emerged from her palm when the most unexpected thing occurred. Justin came and dragged her to himself and smooched her. At that, my whole world came crashing before me.

So, Lisa wasn't lying when she told me that they were in an affair! I had had second thoughts but now, I was sure—Justin is a goddamn player.

I could only stand and stare at my ex-boyfriend kissing his impostor cousin for like a lifetime. They never wanted to get it over with... so disgusting.

Luckily for me, Lisa went unconscious in his arms at that. Then all that sharp ice turned into water, joining the sea.

Justin didn't look at me—he hadn't the guts. We were both speechless. So he left, carrying his unconscious girlfriend to wherever the hell they were going to.

He didn't even think to give an excuse or anything; he just left me looking stupid.

I didn't get why they didn't just finish me off. Why did he have to save me? To be honest, if death was the only way to get myself out of all these scandals, then it's screamingly obvious that I'll go for it.

Well, he walking out on me in that manner certainly meant it was over. Our whole goddamn relationship was over! It hurt because he's the only guy I ever loved but this was what he decided to do to me—cheat on me with my now ex-bestie. Guess I fell in love with the worst guy in the world... my fault.

Anyway, I realized that I had to pick my pieces cos no one was going to do that for me. I honestly wish I had listed to dad from the start.

I wiped the tears I had let flow from my eyes unconsciously and walked towards the shore.

My life is gonna start on a blank white paper, I told myself. Thank God I got another chance.

**********

Justin's P.O.V

I drove back home with top speed but at a point, the traffic congestion was just too much. I stopped the car behind about a thousand cars, waiting for the green light.

That was when it occurred to me that we had left Bob and Mirabel stranded at the cinema. Shit! And I couldn't turn back now cos there were cars lined up behind me.

So I pulled out my phone and the first thing I saw was a message from Bob asking where we were and if we were safe.

I honestly didn't know how to explain everything that had happened at the beach to him so I didn't.

'Lisa caught a migraine so I had to take her back home' I lied.

'Should I come get you?' I asked.

His reply came in seconds later and it read, 'No, we'll board a cab' 'Thanks'

Phew! At least that problem was solved. The only other problem now was how to explain everything to Ana. Would she even believe me after all the events that had unfolded? Even if she did, she wasn't going to forgive. Damn... that disaster was probably the end of us.

The traffic lights finally turned green and the cars in front of me sped off. Consequently, I did too.

About two minutes later, Lisa awoke. She yawned, probably to catch my attention but I ignored her. Then she cleared her throat... still, I ignored her.

Throughout our ride, no one spoke.