CHAPTER 44: Repaying Love with Betrayal?

Anastasia's P.O.V

It was Saturday and dad had travelled to Cairo two days ago to pick Jason from a camp he had been in for three months now. It was kind of like a school just that they did a lot more; camping, touring, and just having fun!

Jason is my seven year old, cute brother. Like mom, he had blond hair and adorable blue eyes. I really missed him a lot since he went for that camp. He certainly had a lot of fun there; going to museums, tourist sites... maybe even the Sphinx, Pharaoh's Tomb and meeting new friends and so on. I wonder how dad felt comfortable with letting Jason go to Egypt.

I went to my room and lay down to take a nap. I hoped that when I woke up, they'll already have arrived.

*******************

I was woken up by the screams by a familiar, high-pitched voice. I got up from my bed and saw Jason standing by my door. He ran to me and hugged me tightly. I hugged him back and caressed his silky, blond hair.

"I've missed you so much! How are you?" I asked.

"I'm awesome!" He expressed joyfully. "We went to the Sphinx and to Karnak's Temple and to Queen Hatshepsut's Temple and to the Temple of Horus and we saw river Nile and... I can't name them all! It was so interesting! I loved it!" I really missed his cute, innocent voice.

"I'm glad you enjoyed the camp."

"Oh yeah, I forgot; dad is calling you downstairs." He said.

"Alright. But you're gonna tell me everything about your adventure later, right?"

"Sure!"

***********************

Dad handed me a box and told me to open it. I slowly lifted the lid and when I opened it, I saw a necklace; a pearl necklace. It was so white and pure. I was so overjoyed; I screamed at the top of my lungs and ran to hug him.

"Thank you so much daddy!" I said when I released him and then I hugged him again. I was extremely happy. Firstly, my adorable younger brother that I had been missing for three months came back and now dad just gifted me a pearl necklace. It was just so unbelievable.

It's not like I always wanted one, well, I kinda did but I could totally live without it. I'm not like all those rich kids who do their best to show that their parents are rich just cos their parents are rich. Plus I didn't wanna disturb daddy about it. But now that he's got it for me, I was just so happy. Maybe I could even use it on a date with Justin. Dad is just the best.

Mom walked down the stairs and into the parlor to join us. She hugged dad and then kissed him. Jason innocently covered his eyes with his hand but left a little space for peeping.

"So honey, what did you bring for me?" She asked somewhat seductively. 'Aren't they too old for this?' Jason just flew his helicopter to his room.

"I'll show you in the room."

"Oh really? That's fine by me."

**********************

I stood by my mirror and put the necklace on. It looked so gorgeous on me. It must have been expensive as hell. Then I heard the sound of knocks at my door. I initially thought it was Jason coming to tell me about his experience at camp but when I told the person to come in, I discovered it was one of our maids.

"Your father calls you." She said to me. "He's in his library." And she left.

I put the necklace back in the case and kept it in one of my drawers then I left with immediate effect to the library.