CHAPTER 33: What's Gotten into Her?

Lisa's P.O.V

Hey y'all... how are you?

I decided to publish just this last chapter before I go to school... 😭 Here goes... hope you love it!

Anastasia's P.O.V

I got to school on Monday morning and went to my locker to get some of my textbooks to class before it was time for classes to begin... that was the time Lisa got to school. She walked in with Justin and he went to his locker, she came to hers, which was the one that was right beside mine cos we are besties.

I couldn't help but notice the bright smile plastered across her face.

"Hey babe, what's up?" I asked and we did our signature handshake.

"I'm great! How are you?" She asked back and opened her locker.

"Yeah... me too." I just couldn't keep the curiosity inside of me, so I asked. "What's making you smile this much?" then I gave a smirk. I couldn't wait to hear what she was going to say... maybe her two year old crush finally asked her out!

"Nah... it's nothing." She said dryly. Ugh, seriously?

"Are you serious?" I asked, doubting that it was 'nothing' that made her smile this much

"Yeah... I am." She paused. "You know our family went out for the burial of Justin's parents yesterday..." She whispered, changing the topic.

I felt sadness wash over me as she said that. I didn't think she felt as sad as I did. Maybe she had gotten over it, but I felt bad for him.

"How did he feel? Was he alright?"

"Yeah, he was."

Lisa's P.O.V

I didn't want to tell Anastasia about how Justin ran off crying when his parents' bodies were being buried because she'll be more worried about him. I could already feel the pity in her voice and the worry etched on her face even though I was looking into my locker.

I also don't know why but I didn't want to tell her about how he kissed me yesterday night... that was the actual reason I was happy. It didn't feel right keeping secrets from my BFF but I am surely going to tell her when the time is right.

"I really feel bad for him. It must be hell losing one of your parents, not to talk about losing both of them... He's the only child, right?" She asked.

"Yeah, he is." I replied.

"I don't know why bad things always happen to good people. To be honest, your cousin is the nicest guy that ever liveth." She joked. I could feel the lightness in her voice.

"Lol." I said casually. I don't know why I felt weird inside, but I did. That's the reason my answers were just so dry.

"Did you know that date I on with him on was the most magical date of my life!?" She declared.

"Oh cool..." I said.

"He's just so nice." I could imagine her eyes sparkling and her cheeks blushing but I kept my eyes away from her direction. I didn't want her to see the anger boiling in me. I was so glad that the door of my locker was keeping her from seeing my face.

Anastasia's P.O.V

Lisa had been acting so weirdly since I started talking about Justin. Her answers were just so plain and that was nothing like her. She didn't say anything when I complimented her cousin and it was hard to figure out why.