CHAPTER 82: Cheating Death Again

Justin's P.O.V

I was relieved that this time, her heart was still beating alright even though she was still unconscious. Not knowing what to do next, I lay her on the bed and sat beside her.

Looking at the condition she was in tore my heart and infuriated me. I don' want to think of what could've happened if I hadn't arrived just in time. Her skin was covered with burns that seemed as if they were never going to heal. And now even her bed spread was stained with ashes. The clothes she had on were nothing to talk about but the part that angered me the most was her hair perfect blonde hair that was burned by the unforgiving flames.

I knew first aid wasn't going to help much. She needed to be taken to a hospital as soon as possible, but how possible is that. Even explaining to her parents why she is in this state was going to be difficult. I mean, they wouldn't even believe the truth if I were to tell it to them.

I sat, worried about what I could do to salvage the situation but nothing feasible came to mind. After some minutes, I figured that the only thing I could do to burn the room. They'll believe it if an electrical fire happened and I came in the middle of the night with an extinguisher to put it out. It'll all look like an accident and no explanations will be required.

It was a crazy idea but I decided it was the only way.

I was just about to get up when I felt a cold hand connect with mine. A shockwave rippled through me and I felt an adrenaline rush. My heart was filled with joy. I really didn't expect her to be awake this soon.

Her hand was pale and cold in contrast to other parts of her body that were bruised and warm with blood. I grabbed her hand firmly and looked into her tired eyes.

"Hey," she uttered weakly, the helplessness in her voice making me cringe.

"Hey," I said, the word clogging my throat. Tears welled up in my eyes and I tried to blink them back but they were too stubborn so I wiped them with the back of my hand.

I got her some pain relievers and a glass of water to take them with. She could barely move so I had to dump the pills in her mouth followed by a flush of water.

"You saved me." Lisa said like it was just dawning on her. "I don't know how to ever thank you, Justin."

"The fact that you're alive is enough thanks," I replied, trying to be humble. She smiled. This was the second time she was having such a near-death experience but she was always lucky... we were always lucky.

"What happened?"

"I don't really know. But I met her about to do something to you." I stared at her and the unpleasant memories flooded in. "I hit her with a spear and killed her. Then I got you home." I paused. "I really don't know who the hell these guys are but I know that they're from some criminal organization they call JAWS."

She shut her eyes, probably trying to remember what occurred before she went unconscious.

"John Coyde," she whispered softly, trying to grasp her fading memory.

**********

Writer's P.O.V

As Lisa said his name, she instantly opened her eyes and her pupils turned blue. Justin was taken aback, wondering where the hell she mined such energy from.

He was more surprised when ice began to crawl over her injuries. Soon, each of them was covered with ice. She closed her eyes as if she was buoying in some weird energy while the ice crackled furiously. Justin only watched her in amazement.

Minutes later, her eyes fluttered open. The sleep bags had vanished and her eyes were back to their bright, beautiful, brownness. Soon, all the ice had melted, revealing her unblemished skin.