37 | EXCRUCIATING ANNOUNCEMENT

+

4:07am.

finally arriving to the front of your house, you allow the door to shut behind you as you drop your purse onto the floor. your heartbeat started to fasten. you let your back hit the wall, and you broke down into tears, allowing yourself to fall to the floor.

you hugged your knees as you continued to silently sob in the dark foyer of your house.

everything's overwhelming and is stressing you out terribly. you were a complete mess — your hair was tangled from your mothers attack, and because the rain got you soaked on the way home.

your dress was ruined, and your feet hurt from that long walk. you had to take a bus, and walk towards your home for the rest of the journey, since there is no bus stops nearby. soon enough, it started to rain lightly. but the rain started to intensify, and soaked you up completely.

you were drenched.

your head was spinning crazily, and you had dried out blood on your dress, hands and jaw. along with forming bruises on your arms, your body was sore.

𝐓𝐈𝐌𝐄 𝐒𝐊𝐈𝐏.

over night you slept in the guest room that was just
a few doors away, from the shared master bedroom that dohyun was in.

11:45pm.

the entire day, dohyun was away. possibly for work which left you in the house alone, with your butlers maids and security guards working their shifts. last night they are excused, since it was the annual gala.

you exited the shower, and dried yourself off. your entire day is serene, however your memories from the night before caused you to break down, during some parts of the day at the same time.

you've always tried to strengthen yourself, and told yourself to never let ones words impact you. but, it was difficult, as mother would verbally assault you. and what made it worse, was that your mother acts as if you didn't feel emotions from that — you were hurt, and she didn't bother to acknowledge it.

looking at yourself through the wide mirror that is hung up against the bathroom wall, you examined your figure.

the steamy bathroom only caused the mirror to fog up. however, your figure was visible enough, to see the painful marks that remained on your skin.

there were bruises, and scratches all over your skin due to your mothers actions last night, and dohyun as well. staring at your reflection you felt disgusted with yourself. you had to admit, that you were now at the lowest point in your life.

you hated everything.

you let dohyun touch you, and ended up fighting as usual — and if things couldn't get any worse, you're attacked by your mother mentally and physically as all you tried to do, was have a rest after a tiring day.

proceeding on with your day, you quickly brush the negative thoughts from last night away and tried to avoid it, as you continued to get yourself ready.

once finished, you exit the bathroom, that connects to the room, only to come face to face, with dohyun.  shock invades you as you watched dohyun entering.

"perfect timing." he said.

you rolled your eyes at his low acknowledgment to you. the least he could've done, was to greet you as
if you aren't one of his mill foremen.

dohyun's eyes trails down from yours — examining your body and formal attire, he lifts a brow. "going somewhere?" he questioned as you stood frozen by the doorway that lead into the bathroom.