27 | IN SILENT ACQUIESCENCE

+

"it saddens me, knowing that you've brought such dishonour to the family with your disgraceful actions." she lastly said before turning on her heel. watching as your mothers back faced you, you saw
as she walked towards the doors, exiting the room.

and once again, you were alone.

the threatening tears that brimmed in the corner of your eyes soon vanished as you remained  seated in the study — the room completely filled with silence.

the abrupt sound of the doors being pushed opened caused you to divert your gaze, eyes landing to the man who ratted you out to your mother. as dohyun entered you couldn't help but to glare towards him.

"i hope you realize what you've done, and take your mothers words into consideration." he spoke as he approaches your figure causing you to stand up too.

"i'm not a child, what exactly do you take me for?" you questioned the taller man.

dohyun folds his arms over his chest and nodded at your response, soon followed after a hum. "indeed you're no longer a minor.. however, your immature actions are followed by consequences." he explains.

you scoffed, breaking eye contact with the man who gave you an answer full of stupidity. if it were to be the other way around, will dohyun be getting into a lot of trouble, as you were? you have only slept with another man once meanwhile this man would sleep with dozens of prostitutes every night.

"how does this make any sense? this is unfair." you rolled your eyes, as dohyun sighed. "who told you this? did you track me down with your crazy device or something?" you questioned.

"minho has informed me about your whereabouts the other night."

"that filthy man has the intentions like a rapist. did he tell you that too?" you respond, almost instantly. dohyuns expression remains blank as he took in the statement you provided him with.

with the silence filling the study room, the tension between the two of you became thick. you were extremely heated, by the way your parents and this man treated you. dohyuns gaze travelled from your eyes down to your neck, where he noticed a couple hickeys that jungkook has given you.

with a scoff leaving his lips, dohyun tucks his hands into his pockets as he looks at you, amused.

"you must be courteous and obliging to all. i'm sure that's how you got your little friend intrigued and addicted to you, is that correct?" he asked referring to the pleasureful night, you had with another man.

leaving him with no response, dohyun sighed once more before exiting the room.

𝐀 𝐌𝐎𝐍𝐓𝐇 𝐋𝐀𝐓𝐄𝐑.

it was the day of the gala; the company event where major companies would attend, mainly at night. you've been to the gala a variety of times, not given the choice to go or not. it was an annual held event.

throughout this entirety of this month, you were locked inside of your home.

you didn't bother to try to leave the house, because you despised how your paid security guards would consistently follow you around. you dislike the way people would be in your business — following your every move though that is what security guards are meant for.

however, spending most of your time inside of the boring household, your relationship with dohyun slowly started to drastically change. it was a weird feeling, how the guy slowly began to show respect.

it was even crazier for you to believe that the two of you adjusted to one another, being able to have proper conversations together without any arguing.