55 | TOO DEEP TO TURN BACK

+

you were currently laying down, on the right side of the king-sized bed, in jungkook's penthouse suite. it was friday at night, and you were home alone.

your focus on your cellular device that was rested in your hands, was soon interrupted as you heard your front door of the suite open and close — it was quite late at night and you assumed jungkook would have arrived back.

since the departing from dohyun being sentenced, it has been an amazing couple years, since you've been living with jungkook. the two of you are now official, since last year, and you've been living with jungkook during the time being. the two of you were young, as well as settled and comfortable with each other.

during the weekends, the two of you would go out to nightclubs; drink, and party, in general. however, on the weekdays you both would be busy with work. but today is friday night, and you both decided to stay in having quality time to yourselves instead of partying like the both of you usually would.

the both of you were growing older day by day, and needed to focus more on responsibilities as well.

after all it has been quite a while since both you and jungkook have taken things a step further, into your relationship.

the door to the master bedroom was pushed opened, revealing a tired jungkook as he entered without any emotion whatsoever. but once his gaze shifted to you who was casually rested over the mattress the corner
of his lips tugged up into a smile.

immediately he dropped his black briefcase and ran towards your direction. you gasp, as the bigger man lands face first onto the mattress, making you jump.

his body sunk into the mattress as you chuckle, and lean forward, running your fingers through his hair. the tenseness he had built up inside of his went into ease by your physical touch, as jungkook lets out an exhausted sigh of relief.

the man rolled on his tummy, onto his back making his eyes reach into contact with yours.

"seeing you made my day so much more better." he cheekily spoke, with his lips pressed together into a relaxed grin. "busy day today?" you ask in question, causing him to only nod in response. you motioned your hand for jungkook to sit up and obediently, he did so. his legs dangles at the edge of the bed as you fixed your position to be seated closer towards him.

as jungkook slightly slouched in his work attire you reach your hands out towards him, giving jungkook
a massage on his shoulders — he lets out a relieving breath shutting his eyes and throwing his head back during the process.

"care to elaborate?" you ask, wondering about how
his day must have went, cause everyday during this week he would come home, and go straight into his office to finish his extra work past twelve.

you could tell he was stressed and you wanted to be someone who will relieve his stress, away from him.

"no." he blatantly responds. "my personal problems are what i must solve, singlehandedly. do not worry
about me." he explains, intending on sounding a bit easygoing but instead sounding bitter. immediately,
he realizes the tone he was using with you. his smile dropped in the process.

"sorry." he apologized.

"jungkook, if we are together then things should be handled by the both of us." you say gently grasping onto his shoulder making him slightly turn around
to face your direction.

"things have just been stressful.." he confesses. his eyes did in fact look tired regarding the dark circle under both eyes. he looked like he had lost weight, and just seemed visually exhausted. you sighed, as jungkook broke eye contact with you.