77 | EXPECT THE UNEXPECTED

[ play music above once signalled. ]

+

you smiled to yourself and you unlocked the doors to your shared home, with jungkook. once you open the door you are surprised to be welcomed to an emptied house. the lights were off and jungkook has not come back from his little errand he needed to run.

you sighed, as you left the box near the door. kicking your heels off you decide to change and get ready for bed, regarding that the time was already getting late.

you entered the shared bedroom and quickly entered
the conjoined room, which was a bathroom.

you stripped out of your worn clothes and afterwards turned on the shower faucet. after waiting, only a few moments you stepped into the shower and soaked up your hair and body. this rainfall shower was peaceful,
it isn't as aggressive as other shower heads. the water was at a warm temperature, if not considered perfect.

though you were taking a simple shower, at this very moment, you felt so relaxed.

𝐓𝐈𝐌𝐄 𝐒𝐊𝐈𝐏.

you were seated upwards in bed, back leaned against your headboard with a pillow behind for comfort. it's nearing 11pm, and you're occupied with the scenes in this one novel you're reading.

suddenly you've heard the front door open indicating that jungkook has finally, arrived back home. you felt curious as to why his business ended up taking a little longer than expected.

a few minutes pass and the door to your shared room opened. jungkook had his sleeves rolled up, as well as his black tie, loosened. his hair was different, little bit messy compared to earlier during the dinner with the both of your mom and dad. you lifted a brow, as your gaze shifts from the letters in your novel towards him.

he approaches in a quick manner leaning over the bed simply to give you a quick kiss on your cheek. you had accepted it, and he pushed himself back up as you put your book down against the bed.

"where have you been?" you asked in question as he's beginning to undress out of his work attire.

"i've told you, haven't i?" he responded. "I had to do a little bit of unfinished business." he added as you nod, somehow still feeling a little unsure of his words. your eyes watched as his back was turned towards you him being shirtless. jungkook began to unbuckle is leather belt. you climb out of your sitting position but remain over the bed, but grab onto his arm.

he slightly turned, him now gazing at you bewildered. with an eyebrow lifted, jungkook paused with his own actions.

"what's up, is something bothering you?" he asked, as you pulled him closer toward you. jungkook has taken your indication and sits himself down onto the bed, in front of you. you sighed.

"is everything okay?" you asked. he looks confused for one moment before nodded in response. "yeah, for me everything is alright. but what about you?" he asked. it takes you a moment, due to hesitation to reply.

"i don't know.." you trail off, looking elsewhere across the bedroom.

jungkook relaxes himself bringing your hands into his
as his way of comfort. with one hand, he brought it up toward your face and tucks a loose strand behind your ear. you look back up at him as he flashes a slight grin.

"you alright? you could tell me if anything is bothering you. that's what i'm here for." he adds. his words make you feel sympathy, for thinking so suspiciously of him. but instead of keeping things to yourself you've finally, decided to express what you've been feeling lately.