41 | LET ME CHANGE YOUR MIND

+

immediately, jungkook turned towards me in a fast motion, causing me to take a step back.

my eyes slightly expanded, when he turned towards and i saw tears escape his eyes, streaming down his pale cheeks. this was the first time i've seen him cry ever since that incident has occurred two years ago.

"don't you fucking dare bring that past shit up!" he warned and pushed me away from him. "j-jeon i'm sorry, i didn't mean—" i'm cut off half way through my sentence, as another hard push made me to fall to the concrete ground.

i groaned scraping my elbow against the concrete. i looked up at jungkook seeing him stare down at me with absolute hatred in his eyes — he was pissed off and i had to admit that it intimidates me to see him in this state.

"what happened two years ago wasn't my fault.." he spoke as i quickly stood up from the ground feeling my elbow sting from the scrape on my skin. "i know it wasn't.. but would you really want to lose the girl who you have finally found? i've never seen you act this way due to a woman ever since two years ago."

jungkooks eyes gazed down towards the ground as he wiped his fallen tears.

i watched in silence, as he contemplated of what to do next. he turned around, and approached his car once more causing me to sigh. it was really difficult to convince him, because he has always had a hard time adjusting to what happened in the past.

"jungkook, don't do this." i pleaded, tilting my head slightly to the side, feeling tired of always having to try to make him change his decision.

i wanted jungkook to realize that opportunities like y/n don't always enter his life. jungkook was always so hung up in the past and never wanted to try new things. it scared me to think, he's given up on love.

"i have never seen you so fixated on a girl ever since you were with—" before i could finish my sentence i was cut off. "don't. i don't want to hear her name..." but instead of a pissed expression, his previous one slowly transformed into a pained one.

"look, what happened between you and her is really unfortunate but you need to move on — you cannot keep doing this to yourself. you love y/n and you're aware of that, but won't admit your feelings." i add.

"shut up." he kept his voice low.

"i don't love her. that woman means nothing to me. she was just a pushover, who'd come to me for sex." he replied, anger replacing his previous expression.

there is a moment of silence, as i struggled to come up with a response. his excuse made me speechless and i had no clue what to say — somehow i felt hurt knowing that jungkook and y/n went through a lot. but i didn't want him to give up. i didn't want to let him watch the woman who he loves get married off to another man who she doesn't even love.

"did you know that she is.." i pause, hesitant to add on to what i needed to say. but he sighed.

"i know about the wedding."

my eyes widens, shocked by his response. "h-how?"
i ask, not expecting him to be aware of it. with a few moments of him shuffling in his car i watched as he eventually pulls away, and handed me the wedding invitation. "the night i cut ties with her she gave me this." he added.

i glance down to the envelope then back toward him feeling bewildered.

"y/n and i are not a thing, and have nothing special going on between the both of us. it was just reckless bullshit going on. no love and no feelings." he adds.

once again, jungkook successfully made my body go numb by his words — his love life was tearing down right in front of my eyes for the second time. i hated to see him go through this. i hated how he wouldn't be selfish enough, to make himself live a happy life.