33 | WHAT ARE WE TOGETHER?

+

10:34pm.

hours have passed since both, you and dohyun first arrived at the annual company event, gala. you find it strange, how jungkook's suddenly giving the cold shoulder. however, you had a thought in mind, and you hoped it wasn't for that one awful reason.

could it have been the night you left him? curious if that were to be the reason, you sighed.

you were tempted to approach the guy and formally apologize for your behaviour from the week before, and explain to him why you needed to leave as well.

the situation you were in was difficult.

worried, you felt concerned, and hesitant to fill him in with your life problems. you were scared and did not want his perspective on you to change after he's figured out how your life was planned, by your own parents — about your arranged marriage; and such.

for the past couple hours you have been at the gala, you couldn't get your eyes and mind off of the man who made you feel a sense of uneasiness, inside. as your eyes were glued to his figure, you watched the male excuse himself from his acquaintances, who'd been keeping him engaged, into their conversation.

as the group split, you watched as jungkook headed down the hall, that was separated from the party as it'll soon lead into the corridors.

you stood up from your seating, gaining a few eyes from dohyun, your parents, and some others, from the table meanwhile the rest ignored. you wipe the corners of your mouth with the napkin taken from the table as your parents proceed to eat their meal.

"excuse me," you informed pulling onto your purse that was resting over your seat, you were seated on.

"where to?" dohyun questions your new, upcoming whereabouts — placing the glass he had taken a sip from onto the table, dohyun uplifted a brow at you.

"ladies room." you respond with a quick convincing lie. with him informed you headed towards the hall that jungkook had disappeared into. however, little did you know, dohyun's gaze follows you the entire time. separating from the party room where every- one else were at, you are greeted by a dead hallway.

the lights were dimmed with only a couple workers walking by completely ignoring your presence. you descended down the corridors of this building, and pushed the large doors opened.

being greeted by the cool breeze, you glance around the entrance — eyes gazing towards the parking lot, and after toward the side pillars. that was when you spotted him.

your eyes landed towards the man who was leaning his back against the cold wall of the building with a cigarette occupying his tattooed hand. inhaling the chemical, there was a short moment in between, as the man exhaled which forms a big cloud of smoke.

with the smoke disappearing into thin air and away from the mans sight, you approached him and take the half lit finished cig from his slender fingers and brought the end between your lips, before inhaling.

"let me guess, you have the sudden habits of taking ones cigarette as if it's your own, right?"

parting your soft lips, you turned towards the male amongst you, as you casually allowed the smoke to escape your mouth — forming into a strange shape.

"what about you?" you neglected his question as he uplifts a brow. "are you still having those intentions of pretending you don't know, who i am? especially after we've hooked up a few memorable times?"

he gently pulls the cigarette out of your hold, as he chuckled at your remark, with his arm crossed and his elbow resting over it — the cig up to his mouth.