70 | CAUGHT IN A LIE

[ pay close attention to the time frames, and given time skips, to refrain from bewilderment. ]

+

awakening from your slumber, you recognized your whereabouts, to not be your house. you sat up, from the bed seeing the other side complete emptied. you had fallen asleep, with jungkook by your side — but, you've woken up with him gone.

you remained in the hotel room, as flashbacks from last night roamed through your mind.

you aren't intoxicated, or had anything to make you forget what happened the other night. everything is clear to your mind — clear as water. you've recalled, each and every one of the events, that had occurred.

you glanced down to the ground and saw your dress that laid on the floor along with your purse that you forgot you had with you. you crawled out of the bed, and picked up your undergarments, and belongings. dressing back into your clothes you then check your cellular device, and realize that you have got several missed calls and notifications from dohyun.

you swiped onto the screen, and your phone started
to ring — calling dohyun, he finally answered but he greeted rudely.

"what do you want," dohyun spoke. he seemed to be ticked off from the stunt you've pulled off, last night. you chuckled, "pathetic man," you muttered causing him to react negatively, but you cut him off.

"decided to bombard me with unnecessary calls?" it takes him a second of silence to process your words. "what happened to you not giving any care of where
i am?" you spoke in question, receiving nothing, but an infuriated scoff.

"you're my fiancée, of course i'd care." dohyun said, causing you to roll your eyes in response.

"bullshit.." you cursed. you were about to add on to your sentence before dohyun spoke up instead. "if i must ask, where were you last night?" he questions. "your absence should be no excuse to humiliate me, especially in front of others." he informed.

"relax, won't you?" you asked. "there is no way, that my absence could humiliate you. your overthinking, seems to be pathetic, and immature." you hurled an insult however, dohyun seemed to keep his patience with you during the moment which was indeed rare.

"you're impressive, darling." you cringe by his words disliking the fact that this sick man proceeds to refer you as something more than nothing.

"however, this behaviour will no longer be tolerated once the wedding approaches." he said, making you freeze in your stance. you are taken aback, recalling that you and dohyun, still needed to follow a absurd contract involved with marriage.

but before you are able to protest against his words, dohyun throws a question at you.

"right, you didn't answer my question.. where were you" he sounds more serious, while your words are caught in your throat. you most definitely, was not prepared to be asked such a question, that you had
not provided a answer to. however with skill, you'd managed to make up a somewhat convincing lie.

"i went out," you respond, making dohyun scoff and laugh at your response.

"and even if i hadn't left, why did you leave without me?" you questioned making him hum in response. "being frankly honest with you, i was tired and i did not need to waste my time, searching for some brat. personally, all the worries about myself come first." dohyun had finished his explanation.

"whatever," you reply. "and yes, i indeed went out."

"come on.." he spoke. "and why would you do that?" dohyun questioned. "you know how much i despise casinos." you provided a response. "they are quite a bore, and don't seem to catch my interest." you add hearing a hum leave his mouth.