68 | A DANGEROUS GAME TO GAMBLE

𝐘/𝐍'𝐒 𝐏𝐎𝐕, 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐏𝐑𝐄𝐒𝐄𝐍𝐓.

+

the sound of playing cards, whirring in the hands of the dealers and the bells and whistles of the various slot machines, as the racketing noise of their levers, being pulled — the faded jingling of quarters echoes throughout.

you were inside a playground of neon, and strobing lights and the murmur of the big crowds.

a casino.

the clicking of a roulette wheel, and the way red and black rush together as it spun around smoothly. you felt amused by the sight of gold, silver and bronze. it occupied your attention, along with all the exquisite fountains and statuary.

the high rollers in their suits gliding like sharks, as
the man is sobbing in one corner, because he's lost everything, all due to a simple gamble. you scoffed.
the rough-brushed feel of green felt that's onto the craps table, and the soft tumble of the dice.

you were seated over top of dohyun's lap watching in complete bore, in the center of this casino. dressed in an alluring attire, a satin dress, you seemed to have a few eyes on you gaining the desperate attention from the hungry males, in need of a pleasureful night only to escape from reality.

in the center of the casino guarded by the rows and rows of slots, you find the games. there was a craps table, poker, blackjack and roulette. there were lots
of dynamic changes. all of the players talk amongst themselves, but the mens' language, is abbreviated.

and there seated at in the center of the table, along with other men by his side, was you and dohyun. it sickened you, how you are enforced to accompany, dohyun as he plays dangerous games of win or lose.

it was absurd, surely.

however you wanted nothing but to leave and head back home. you wanted to be home, instead of this filthy place where you could lose a so little, or your entire future.

you hated casinos, simply because there are mostly men there, wanting to buy you from your fiancé, or either, to take advantage of you — it was disgusting how these old, terribly wealthy men would think. it was all based on how much money you had.

you attempt to stand up from dohyun's lap but your intentions were stopped when he held you down, by his hand placed over your thigh.

"i have got my eyes on you.." he informed, his voice clear and sharp. your eyes remain focused, onto his target, as you watched the man lick his lips that are soon becoming chapped, and his eyes were focused
on the set of playing cards, that occupied his hands.

dohyun's opponent seemed stubborn and seems to have lacked experience with gambling.

however, it seems that he is smart if you are to lose your focus on him. not that you cared, but, you just wanted dohyun to lose, so the both of you could get out of here and call it a night.

"i need to use the ladies room," you whispered, but dohyun didn't reply instantly. you silently groaned, and rolled your eyes in annoyance, as you slouched seated in your same position. dohyun pinched your thigh from underneath this table, only to cause you
to slightly flinch.

you slapped his hand away, sneakily enough for no guests to see.

"don't be shameless, now's not the time." dohyun's warning seemed serious, but of course, you did not find any enjoyment with listening to his demanded words. you uncrossed your leg that was rested over the other and stood up from his lap and walked off.

the casino wasn't just a casino itself, but it was one oddly conjoined, large building that merged with a strip club, and hotel rooms. it was basically a large hotel that featured a casino and a strip club, which was strange but at the same time intriguing.