49 | INNOCENT TILL PROVEN GUILTY

𝐓𝐖𝐎 𝐃𝐀𝐘𝐒 𝐀𝐆𝐎, 𝐅𝐋𝐀𝐒𝐇𝐁𝐀𝐂𝐊.

+

𝐉𝐄𝐎𝐍'𝐒 𝐏𝐎𝐕.

i am seated next to my lawyer quite a long distance away from the enclosed area where the judge sat. it made me nervous, feeling the stern coldness of the handcuffs, cuffed around both of my wrists. it soon began to pain after wearing the cuffs for hours now.

it had been six months, since i saw her. six months, since the night i was arrested.

i adverted my gaze elsewhere around the room. the court officer wore a cold expression. his expression was stern, and boring. i then gazed toward the jury area, where there are approximately, twelve people seated with a pen in their hands.

lastly, i looked towards the public gallery. not even one of the boys were there. only my father, mother and my parents' secretary, along with a few others, who i didn't recognize.

actually, there were a lot of people. each side of the gallery was full. one my side, there was people who believed that i was innocent. in which i am. but, on opposite side there were people demanding for me
to be locked up. people who assume that i'm guilty.

fuck those bitches.

a sigh escaped my mouth, as the crown prosecutor, who tried so hard to convince the judge that i'm an actual bad guy, stood up from his seat. i scoffed, as
my gaze adverted towards my wrists that had worn heavy metal cuffs.

"the people call, ahn y/n." he announced.

my eyes immediately travelled toward the attorney who mentioned her name.

suddenly the doors in front flew open. i watched as she walks through the doors, all these eyes turning toward her direction along with mine — y/n slowly entering into courtroom, i feel my heartbeat fasten.

all of the murmurs and whispers of the people who pitied y/n, in regards of the case died down.
and the remaining of them only share slight words, expressing how sorry they felt toward the poor girl.

meanwhile, that same blank expression, is worn 0n my face. watching as y/n slowly descends down the aisle, i couldn't help but to feel an odd sympathetic feeling deep down in my system. i was worried. i'm scared — my heartbeat did not even seem to be able
to ease itself.

i watched y/ns every move. her every step. her feet brought her into the enclosed area; the victim box.

she took a seat and i watch her eyes scan the entire courtroom, her eyes finally meeting with mine, for
a brief moment before the prosecutor finally spoke up, drawing everybody's, including y/n's attention.

"miss ahn," he inhales deeply. "will you tell us what you remember, the night of your wedding?" he said and now all i found myself doing is silently praying.

praying that she got her memory back.

"i remember waking up.." she paused, the coldness
in her voice, sending shivers down my spine. i miss that voice. i miss the way y/n spoke to me. i missed how everything between us used to be normal. how we'd run around like teenagers, doing reckless and crazy things together without a single care of being caught. it was like, we were in our own little world.