52 | NO GOOD WITHOUT YOU

[ play the music above when signalled. ]

+

𝐘/𝐍'𝐒 𝐏𝐎𝐕 .

heart racing, and out of breath, you ran from your parents' gate entrance and swung their front door opened. hurriedly, you enter their house, ignoring the acknowledgement from the butlers and maids also causing a few to flinch from your sudden and loud entrance.

"ms. ahn were your parents expecting you?" your parents' maid; who's known you since you were a little girl, stared at you in question.

"where's my mother," your tone lowered towards
the end of your sentence, making your statement seem more like a straight demand for an answer.

half an hour before you've arrived at your parents place you received a call from your mother letting you be aware of that your father has recently been hospitalized. however it was strange since she has demanded you to come over instead of telling you the name of the hospital.

the maid stuttered before giving you a full answer and looked at you with bewilderment.

"in her study."

without wasting another second you immediately rushed down the hall, towards her study. pushing the large doors opened with both hands, the door opening expanded as you entered.

"where is father?" you question, eyebrows curved causing your expression to become fearful of your father's state. you love your father more than that evil woman who you call your mother. she was an uncaring woman. somebody you want dead for so long, regardless if she was your biological mother.

your eyes landed on the woman who is seated on
the single-person sofa with a leg crossed over the other, sipping on a glass of tea.

she turns to you as you clear your throat. "where's dad?" you asked, crossing your arms.

"he's overseas." she replied. you scoffed, "he was hospitalized, wasn't he?" you questioned as your mother laughed. "of course not why would he be hospitalized?" she took another sip of her tea, as
you scoff once more, and folded your arms over
your chest in disbelief.

"you crazy bitch," you cursed, mumbling but was
not near being shocked when your mother heard
the cruel profanity that had left your lips.

she froze for a moment before placing her teacup over the saucer — afterwards placing the set over
the coffee table displayed in front of her.

"what did you just say?" she tilted her head, your eyes rolling from her response.

"you heard me," you reply, causing her to uncross one leg from the other, both of her feet flat on the carpeted floor, of her study. she straightened her posture as you stared at her with hatred.

"i called you a crazy bitch."

you responded, neglecting the jaw drop from her.
you turn on your heel, as an attempt to leave, but you suddenly heard a intense clicking of heels hit
the floor. feeling a strong grasp on your shoulder, you feel a burning sensation on your cheek, after your mothers' palm collided against your skin, in which is now reddened from the impact.

you stumbled a few steps back, placing your hand against your burning cheek. after stabling in your stance, your expression turned into a glare.

"i have called you here to scold you of those filthy runaway intentions of yours, from your wedding." she exhaled sharply. "but you disgust me. i do not even wish to see your face. leave." she commands and turned away from you right after.