𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

Portland 17th June - 1993

It was now eleven o'clock in the morning and it seemed like everybody was awake from all the chattering that was heard from downstairs and Jo not being in her bed. Lizzie had a pounding headache and it was the worst headache she had in ages. 

She had gotten up from her bed and went towards her and Jo's shared wardrobe - it was okay since they were roughly the same size in clothing weirdly enough. Lizzie picked out a black crop tank top and some comfy black shorts to go along with it. 

Grabbing the brush from her bedside table and gently combed through her hair to get rid of her bed hair. Normally when she wakes up her hair is like a birds nest and it was normally hard to comb through especially when she kept turning in her bed from the nightmare. 

Running her fingers through her blonde locks just after she put the brush down back where it belonged, smoothing out her hair so it looked somewhat nicer than it was when she woke up just a minute ago. 

She had just left the room and walked down the stairs while groaning in pain from the banging headache she woke up with, probably from the stress of the nightmare. Both of her hands were rubbing at her eyes in attempt to wake herself up, yawning as she entered the kitchen.

"Morning Elisabeth, how are you dear?" Mrs Parker had spoken up from reading her newspaper, she was doing a word search and put the pen down to look up at Lizzie. 

Turning around and smiling, "I'm okay-" rubbing the side of her temple and shook her legs to wake them up from the pins n' needles feeling "-just got a headache, that's all" 

An apologetic look was written all over her face as she slowly got up from the chair and walked towards a packet of painkillers on the side of the kitchen counter -- turning around with a smile on her face while giving the packet to Lizzie. 

"Thank you" Lizzie spoke while turning around to get a glass of water to take the tablets and help her dry throat. 

Mrs Parker patted Lizzie on the shoulder as if to say 'you are alright' and sat down on her chair again to continue the word search she seemed to struggle with. Her shaky hand went towards the pen and looked concentrated on the paper. 

Lizzie took the tablets and swallowed them with the water she had just got; turning her head to the right then to the left to stretch her neck that let out a small cracking noise. She sighed in relief to think that her headache will soon be cured.

Joey ran in the kitchen and startled Lizzie with the question "Lizzie! Do you want to play Dr Mario?" 

Mrs Parker looked up from her newspaper and chuckled at her sons excited voice, shaking her head and continued doing her word search.  Lizzie smiled at Joey and nodded her head, he seemed so excited to play a game with the new household member. 

"Malachai keeps losing and I want a new rival to play against!" Joey laughed and walked towards the couch that Kai was sitting on with a controller in his hands, rolling his eyes at the sentence his younger brother just said about him being crap at a game he didn't care about. 

Lizzie took a seat next to Joey and Kai, she was in the middle of them and Kai leant back and put his left arm around her shoulders. He's being all touchy ever since he grinded on her in the kitchen the other night. 

She did feel uncomfortable but shook it off and started playing Dr Mario with Joey -- Kai's hand kept squeezing her shoulder and his fingers rubbed at her bare skin. It was obvious that he kept glancing down at her cleavage but Lizzie was too much in the game on the TV.

Joey seemed to spend most of his time on this game since he had just beaten Lizzie at the game. Kai chuckled and spoke "no one can beat Joey, I'd like to think that I'll beat him one day"