𝐟𝐢𝐟𝐭𝐲-𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧

Damon and Elena were in the kitchen eating chocolate cupcakes they had just baked together; Lizzie ran into the kitchen with a smile on her face, "Cupcakes?" 

An awkward silence was then heard afterwards, the two were making out in the kitchen but Lizzie interrupted them and they continued to act as nothing happened between the two. 

"Hello?" A yell was heard from the distance, the voice belonged to no other than Kai Parker, himself.

"No. That's impossible because why would he--" Elena started but was cut off by her boyfriend. 

"--he didn't. He's all merged," Damon said in response to Elena, "and he's packed, and also on his way to Portland!" He yelled back at Kai.

"Ooh! Forgot how massive this house was," he entered the room and he set his eyes on Lizzie but he quickly avoided her eyes for some reason, "Yum. Cupcakes. Sorry-- am I interrupting something?" 

Lizzie was about to say something about them making out but Damon didn't want Kai to know their full life story, "What are you doing here?" 

"Funniest thing. I need your help," Kai spoke and held up a card that read 'To Josette'

"Why would we give a letter to Jo?" Lizzie said and crossed her arms against her chest, squinting her eyes down at Kai as he picked up a chocolate cupcake and sat down in a chair. 

"I haven't been able to find her using a locator spell, and, you know, good on her because under normal circumstances, I'd be super jazzed to gouge out her belly button," at the end of his sentence, dipping his finger into the chocolate frosting and placing it in his mouth.

Elena scoffed to herself, "Why would we help you, Kai?" 

Lizzie stood next to Elena who was resting against the kitchen table opposite Kai, "Mhmm," Lizzie hummed.

"Well, in case you haven't figured it out by now, I'm a sociopath, I know, shocker," Lizzie rolled her eyes at Kai, "I like being a sociopath. You know, I'm not burdened by things like guilt, or love," at the word 'love' he looked at Lizzie then avoided her stare, "So then this merge happened with my brother Luke, and I won, which is great because I absorbed his ability to do magic, but now I can't stop thinking about how Luke died, how Liv's life is ruined. For some horrible reason, I can't shake how badly I feel about it," he sadly chuckled at the end. 

"You feel bad?" Lizzie questioned him and her eyebrows furrowed in confusion. 

He shakily inhaled and exhaled through his mouth, "I even feel bad for murdering you and letting you witness the reality of such a monster I was -- it keeps me up at night -- I know you probably don't believe me since of our past--" He stated but stopping himself so he wouldn't have water pooling in his eyes; always such a weird feeling for him since he rarely experienced it. 

"Yeah-- so when I absorbed Luke's magic, I must have gotten some of his qualities or something, like empathy. So I googled how to process emotional pain, and they said if you write everything down in a letter, and burn it, you'll be healed. So I started writing and this water literally started pooling in my eyes. Has that ever happened to you? Like-- like water just-- just oozing out of my eyeballs like I'm some alien creature excreting fluids," He said.

Damon huffed and rolled his eyes at hearing Kai's pathetic excuse for a 'change' "You mean you cried?" Elena asked.

"Yes! And after that was done, I burned the letter, and the feelings--oop-- were still there. So I really feel strongly that Jo needs to know how sorry I am for destroying our family, but let's face it, guys, all right? I mean, Elena, you of all people should be willing to look past the questionable things that I've done to see that there's-- there's good somewhere in me. You did it with Damon," Kai spoke.