𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧

Damon whistled once again after Lizzie had scolded him for driving her nuts with the noise he kept making. 

The girl just sighed whereas Bonnie picked up on his mood, "You're in a good mood for the first time this decade" 

"Stop that!" Lizzie once again scolded Damon for his whistling. 

He just ignored her, "Because I have a hot date with my girl tonight," twirling the stick around in his grasp.

The crunching of leaves was heard underneath their feet, "Yeah, assuming Kai's telling the truth," Lizzie answered with an annoyed expression. 

"You know what? Screw the dinner and a movie. Skip straight to the good part," He winked and he didn't want to think of the bad possibilities of getting out of here will be.

"Yeah, and assuming I can do the spell, which I won't know until I see it," Bonnie held a bag over her shoulder.

"What happened to hope Bon?" the stick now over his shoulder, "Remember when I was all like, "Boo, grr," and you were all "Hooray, Hooray! We are getting out of here" whereas Lizzie was just "Shut up before I end you," type of thing." 

"Look. I want to go home more than anything but Kai's a sociopath, who says he won't just screw us over?" 

"Me," Damon quickly answered Lizzie, "I say because I will kill Kai and anyone who comes in the way of me going home," he waved the stick around and it accidentally hit Lizzie in the back.

She turned around and scowled at him just as a voice was heard behind her, "I heard my name. All good I hope." Kai smiled sarcastically. 

He held the ascendant above his head, "The eclipse will happen directly overhead in the perfect alignment with the Gemini constellation. You two need to dig into the tunnels below us. We'll do the spell there," he pointed to Bonnie and Damon. 

"Why?" Bonnie eagerly asked.

"Have you never portal jumped through an eclipse before?" He acted like he was totally shocked. 

"Okay. Look. The light of the eclipse will shine down and activate the ascendant. You spout a little witchy woo, and then poof!" he made a few sparks with his hand gestures, "--anyone standing in the circle of light holding the ascendant goes home." 

"By witchy woo, I assume you mean the spell." Lizzie butted in.

"Let me see it." Bonnie then asked right after Lizzie spoke; a look of determination on her face to finally learn the spell to get them all out of the twilight zone. 

At that moment it looked like Kai was a bit too shocked for the baffling question as if he didn't know the answer to her question, "When the time comes." With that, he grabbed Lizzie's arm and pulled her into the forest.

"Where are you going-- hey! Let her go!" Damon turned around and yelled.

"Into town. I need to gather some important supplies," His grip on Lizzie was so strong and he siphoned a bit of her magic so that it was unbreakable to get out of. "Lizzie here is going to help me!" He said happily. 

A groan left Lizzie's mouth from the pain and also the thought of Kai not ever shutting up; god he speaks too much about the stupidest of things.

Kai was dancing around the trees and practically dragged Lizzie by his side to make sure she wouldn't runoff. 

Just as the two were far into the forest, Damon launched the pickaxe into the ground and started digging to make the hole to portal jump through.

...