𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫

word count: 1155

warnings: none

Portland 4th April - 1994

A year passed, with overly moderate complications. Kai had stayed his cold-hearted ways, no evidence of him actually changing just yet.

The Gemini coven was doing perfectly; the coven was working on many projects that the children did not know about.

Jo acted like a parent for Lucas and Olivia, nothing much changing there.

The family still treated Kai like shit but it seemed like he couldn't take it anymore to heart, deciding to shut off his emotions entirely.

This year, in a few months' time, Jo and Kai will do the merge on their twenty-second birthday, using the power of the eclipse to merge them as one.

Secrets are always hidden from the children in the coven, other than Lizzie.  The latest project they were planning was to send Kai to a prison world instead of merging them together.

Sending him to a prison world was for the best; horror and gore were all he loved doing, he was an abomination, a killer.

Joshua didn't want his son to belong under the Parker name to tarnish it with such filth.

The prison world was going to be created to lock him up for good, for his sociopathic behavior.

Lizzie knew he was a softy at heart but just couldn't explain it to herself subconsciously.

He was capable of being redeemed before but now it was nothing more than a joke.

Over the year he had tried his magic out on poor vulnerable bunnies in the forest and exploded them in blood.

You might be asking where he had got the magic, he simply siphoned it from Lizzie once again. This time he didn't care if she snitched, he changed for the worst.

Was this her fault for making him change? She snitched on him and ever since he hasn't been the same; he felt betrayed by the only person who saw good in him.

The only other person who was in on this prison world idea was Jo. Luring him into the forest and pretending to merge, then the rest of the coven strikes.

Lizzie had been born a werewolf and wanted to fully transform into one and gain its perks and strength.

The only problem was that she had to kill somebody in order to change.  She felt truly sickened by the thought of coldly murdering somebody to just turn into something wicked.

Her family; the Mikaelson's stood by her side and granted her wish to become a tribrid and help the family to build the kingdom in New Orleans.

If Lizzie could activate the curse without killing anybody, she would. She wasn't the type of person to kill somebody.

However, she'd do it whenever she was ready to do so. Her family were not rushing her into doing this, they let her do it when the time was right and appropriate.

The whole situation with Dahlia was now nothing more than a grain of salt; the urge to tell her family what had happened with their aunt, but Lizzie knew she was always watching her beloved niece.

They were fully unaware of Dahlia's wicked return, let alone her birth.

Letting out a huge huff that sounded louder than she anticipated.  Lizzie was once again knocking on Kai's bedroom door, he was in there and she was fully aware.

"I know you are in there!" the girl spoke, nothing in return.

The family was out shopping and only Lizzie and Kai were home, completely alone.

Joshua offered for her to tag along but she didn't want to intrude of their family bonding time. He also didn't want her home alone with the reason of her trauma.

She said she was fine though and insisted on staying home; Kai wouldn't leave his room anyway, where's the scariness in that?

A groggy voice was heard from the other side of the wooden door that separated the two, "Go away"

Rolling her eyes and deciding on barging in without entry. Muttering under her breath and raising her palm to be flat against the door.

Then the door was on the ground and it revealed Kai laying down on his bed, alone and looking up at the ceiling with dark circles under his eyes from lack of sleep.

He didn't even seem bothered by the loud crash of the door falling down onto the ground. Completely zoned out of reality.

Walking over the fallen door and making her way towards the bed, the more she moved towards him, the more she saw.

Kai had a blue / purple-colored bruise under his right eye, a reddish color was surrounding it.

Furrowing her eyebrows, a concerned look written all over her face. It did seem like she still cared for the boy, she just couldn't admit to herself that this was wrong.

"What do you want?" turning his head at an angle to face Lizzie who stood above him.

She felt truly apologetic for Kai. He wasn't going to be locked up for eternity all because his father had made him what he had become today.

If you were in her shoes you'd realize that this was for the best. Think back to all the horrible incidents and trauma he had caused her to have.

Killing somebody brutally in front of a poor, innocent young girl.  Somebody who always threatens to kill you, always hurting you.

"I just wanted to make sure you are okay," she started, caressing at the bruise on his face, "I'm worried. You haven't left your room at all, other than to eat late at night completely away from the rest of your family,"

Flinching at her warm touch, crossing his eyebrows. "Why are you worried about somebody who deserved to be dead?"

This caused a bang of guilt to hit her chest, her heart beating at a rapid pace against her ribcage.

"You don't deserve to die, Kai!" her mouth was open up in shock from his sentence. He deserved to live, not die.

"Lizzie, you'll understand one day. You will agree with me and my father," turning over and facing the wall.   "Oh and I suggest putting the door back on. Seeing as you are so worried about me, you wouldn't want my father hitting me again. Do you?"

He was guilt-tripping her and it worked. Everything he does works on her.

Nodding and grabbing the door from the floor and chanting a spell she had learned from her childhood to fix the door hinges.

There, it was now up and she turned around to look at Kai but he was just staring into blank space.

Sighing to herself and walking out of the room to walk to her own. She was going to be truly sickened by the fact that he will be locked up without knowing it yet.

Being locked up for eternity on your very own birthday.

vote and comment!