02: Dreams and Secrets

"So, can't you tell me about the dream you had this morning?" Draco inquired as they settled into an empty compartment on the Hogwarts Express. Cassiopeia took her customary window seat, and he sat beside her, his curiosity evident in his raised eyebrows and inquisitive expression.

"Why would I?" she rolled her eyes, recalling his abrupt wake-up call. But the question of whose footsteps she had heard in the dream lingered in her mind.

"C'mon," he nudged her playfully. "We're best friends, and I'm really curious to hear your story. Honestly, it's like a storybook to me."

His pleading eyes made her chuckle, and she was about to speak when Blaise and Pansy entered the compartment, greeting them.

"How was your holiday, both of you?" Blaise inquired, taking a seat across from Cassiopeia. His eyes moved suspiciously between Draco and Cassie, causing her to furrow her eyebrows. "Did we interrupt something?"

"No."

"Yes," Draco responded simultaneously with her. She glared at him, but he simply shrugged. "We needed some privacy... to—"

"How are you, Blaise, and... Pansy?" Cassiopeia quickly interrupted, not wanting to entertain any more drama from Draco. An awkward silence hung in the air, and then Blaise spoke.

"We're doing well, Cassie," he smiled. She nodded and turned her attention to the window, stifling a yawn and covering her mouth with her hand. "You look tired, don't you?"

"Because this idiot knocked me off the bed and wouldn't let me sleep more," she sarcastically replied, earning a smirk from Draco.

"She was busy making out with her boyfriend, so I just helped," he teased.

"Boyfriend?" Both Pansy and Blaise sounded incredulous.

"But aren't you two dating?" Pansy furrowed her eyebrows, and Cassiopeia couldn't help but laugh.

"Never in my wildest dreams," she rolled her eyes, and Blaise joined in with a giggle. He knew Draco and Cassiopeia often teased Pansy about their non-existent relationship.

"Oh!" Pansy leaned back in her seat, relieved. Blaise was about to say something else, but Cassiopeia didn't want to engage further.

As Cassiopeia's mind drifted to the familiar sights outside the train, memories from her third year filled her head, and she looked forward to meeting her father's brother, Sirius Black, in person. According to Harry, he was a good person and the only one who truly knew about her father. Another yawn escaped her lips.

"Want to sleep?" Draco asked, bringing her back to the present. He gestured towards his shoulder, and for a moment, she was surprised. Was he offering his shoulder for her to rest on?

"Because I woke you up in the morning," he explained with a smile.

"That's true," she agreed, finally resting her head on his shoulder, feeling a sense of comfort as she drifted into a peaceful slumber.

"You came early, didn't you?" Tom inquired, settling down opposite Cassiopeia in the library. She didn't dare to look up, engrossed in reading advanced potion books. She heard him taking out his diary and scribbling something in it.

"Do you know about this?" He asked, holding up a page in the book titled 'Horcrux.' She shook her head, not particularly interested in that peculiar subject, and continued reading.

Time passed, and the dark evening sky signaled it was time for dinner. She wasn't hungry today, but she knew she had to go. She closed the book and walked toward the shelf where it belonged. As she turned around, Tom startled her, standing face-to-face with her.

"Oh, you scared me, Tom!" she gasped, trying to move away, but his hand rested on her right side, blocking her path. His other hand was on the cupboard behind her, effectively cornering her.

"What's on your mind, Cassie?" he asked, his dark brown eyes piercing into her blue ones. "You know I cannot access your thoughts. Do you know about Occlumency?"

She nodded, her anxiety rising as her back pressed against the cupboard. She had never told him that her father had taught her Occlumency. This time, his eyes were dull and emotionless.

In the next moment, his lips attacked the crook of her neck, and her heart raced faster. She tugged at his robe, feeling an intense desire to melt under his touch as he left a mark on her skin.

"Tom, someone is coming," she managed to mumble when she heard footsteps approaching the library.

"I love you," he whispered into her ear, planting a peck on her lips before pulling away, leaving her flustered and breathless.

"Mr. Riddle, you are required by Professor Dumbledore,"

"Cassie!" Draco's voice snapped her out of the dream. Students were disembarking from the train, and she let go of Draco's hand, rubbing her eyes. "What was that?"

"Huh?"

She was still caught up in the dream she had just experienced. Her hand unconsciously ran through her messy hair as she tied it up into a high ponytail. She realized that both Pansy and Blaise had already left the compartment. Draco grabbed her hand before she could leave.

"Don't ignore it. What was that dream?" Draco's brows furrowed with concern.

"Just the usual thing," she sighed, sitting down next to him again. Then, her heart skipped a beat when the last name from the dream echoed in her mind. She looked wide-eyed at Draco.

Mr. Riddle....Tom Riddle

"Why? What?" He questioned, his words flowing quickly.

Should I tell him? No, not now.

What are you going to tell him? Anything but the Riddle thing.

"Cassie, what's going on?" Draco's voice became more worried. "Are you alright?"

"Yeah," she nodded, playing with her fingers. "The dream."

The dream was incredible, and she had never felt such strong emotions for anyone other than this boy, Tom. Every touch of his in the dream gave her an indescribable sensation. Recalling the dream, she felt goosebumps on her arms and her face flush with embarrassment.

"What was it?" Draco gently brushed his hand against hers, trying to reassure her.

"Just about him," she sighed, looking down. She didn't dare make eye contact with him, fearing he might think she was going crazy. But honestly, every dream about Tom touched her heart and mind as if it were real.

"We started dating and all," she paused, her eyes drifting to the empty seat opposite her. "I still have no idea what that is, Draco. Dreaming of the same boy since I was 11. It's like he really lives with me. Plus, there's something else I want to tell you if you don't—"

"I don't judge you," he interrupted nonchalantly, encouraging her to continue.

"I—I just started to fall for that boy. I mean, I don't know why, but—" she stumbled over her words, unable to express what she truly felt.

"Really, Cassie?" Draco wondered aloud, his grey eyes pleading with emotion and concern.

"At least tell me the name, please," he asked, and her eyes met his. They weren't dull like Tom's; they were full of genuine worry and emotion.

"Tom," she paused, locking eyes with Draco. Should I tell him?

"Last name?"

"No idea," she lied, feeling guilty. She couldn't tell him now.

What if he is You-Know-Who?

But he's dead, isn't he? Oh no, this is complicated.

Why is he in my dream then? I've never seen him.

She knew that she needed to talk to Harry rightaway.