32: The Return to Hogwarts

The last time Voldemort gained power, he almost destroyed everything we hold most dear.

We think Voldemort wants to build up his army again.

Gathering followers isn't the only thing he's interested in, we believe Voldemort may be after something, something he didn't have last time.

"Cassiopeia!!" Draco's voice broke through her thoughts as she gazed out of the window.

"What the heck, Malfoy?" She immediately covered her mouth with her hand, realizing her voice was too loud. "Sorry."

Pansy and Blaise chuckled at her reaction, and Draco looked at her with an amused expression. They were on their way back to Hogwarts for their fifth year, and Cassiopeia was eager to return to what she considered her second home. She also had a plan in mind, determined to obtain the diary from Dumbledore.

"How was your vacation with your relatives?" Draco asked, looking at her.

"Weren't you with him?" Pansy inquired, furrowing her brows, and Blaise had the same curious expression.

"No, Uncle Sirius invited me to spend time there," Cassiopeia replied, not mentioning the real reason she had been at Grimmauld Place. She had a feeling Draco wouldn't appreciate her revealing the true purpose of her visit.

"Sirius Black?" Blaise's eyes widened, and Cassiopeia nodded.

"The time there was quite enjoyable. I stayed in my father's bedroom and heard my parents' story as well. I also found his loyal elf, and he's really protective of me as per my father's orders to keep me safe," she explained, and her friends listened intently.

"Do you want to share the story of your parents?" Pansy asked, her eyes twinkling.

"Pansy!" Draco and Blaise called her name, seemingly not thrilled about her suggestion.

"Why? I'm just—"

"That's alright; I'm fine with it," Cassiopeia said, forcing a smile to avoid making them upset. She continued, "Actually, my father was a Death Eater who followed You-Know-Who. He wanted to turn away from him, but You-Know-Who ordered his killing. At that time, I hadn't been born yet."

She took a deep breath and went on, "When I was born, You-Know-Who wanted to kill me and my mother, so our house-elf gave me to Draco's mother at my mother's request to save me. But when the elf, whose name is Kreacher, returned to my mother, he had witnessed You-Know-Who cursing her to death. That's it."

Tears welled up in her eyes, but before they could fall, she changed the subject. "So, what happened after I left the Manor, Draco?"

Draco cleared his throat, and she noticed that he had been watching her closely. "Father arranged that thing with the Greengrass family."

"What's this thing with the Greengrass family?" Blaise asked.

"My uncle arranged Draco's marriage with the Greengrass family," Cassiopeia explained, causing Pansy and Blaise to give her a disbelieving look. "Is it Daphne?"

"Astoria, she's younger than us," Draco replied nonchalantly.

"In that case, our Slytherin heartthrob has a mission to impress a girl this year," Cassiopeia teased. Blaise and Pansy burst into laughter, and Cassiopeia couldn't help but join in.

"Oh, come on, Mr. Outstanding in every subject, you're blushing," she nudged his shoulder. "I can help you out; you're not the top student in impressing-girl subjects."

Pansy and Blaise couldn't contain their laughter as they witnessed Draco's annoyed expression.

"I like it when you two act like this; it's like you're real siblings, isn't it, Pansy?" Blaise commented, observing their banter.