116: A Dull Memory

"It hurts, Tom," Cassiopeia cursed under her breath, her head resting on his chest while her arms were wrapped around him. "I can't even remember how I got here."

She raised her head to look at the boy, his eyes covered with his own hand. She rested her hands on his chest, her chin resting on the back of her hand as she admired her perfect man. She still had no idea why she deserved a person like him. Whatever he had done in the past didn't bother her much when her heart fell in love with him again and again every time she saw him. If someone called her unlucky, she could easily defend herself by showing that she was lucky to have such a perfect man in her life. Her eternal love!

Tom uncovered his eyes and looked at her. He appeared exhausted, as if he hadn't slept the previous night.

"My baby boy is awake," Cassiopeia grinned, leaning towards him and planting a peck on his lips. "You're my baby boy. I'm going to love you till the end of the line, andddd... I will love you even after my death."

"Nonsense," he rolled his eyes, making her chuckle. He was sweet when he was annoyed, and she would never tire of his adorable stubborn behavior.

She rested her head on their pillow so she could look into his eyes. His brows knitted together, and lines formed on his forehead, indicating something was bothering him.

"Love," she caressed his cheek with the back of her hand. "What's wrong, love?"

He shook his head, still looking at her. Cassiopeia couldn't be sure if it was the firewhiskey in her system, but she found his lips incredibly tempting. Without thinking too much, she captured both of his sweet lips between hers.

He kissed her back, igniting an erotic sensation in her body. Her left hand rested on his chest while his hand intertwined with hers. The kiss lingered, growing more intense, and Cassiopeia was intoxicated by the erotic heat it generated in her body.

"I love you," she murmured between kisses, smiling. But her smile quickly faded when she felt his intertwined fingers slip off the ring she was wearing.

Cassiopeia pulled away, her brows furrowed. He got off the bed, and she sat up, trying to understand why he had taken the ring back.

"Tom, wa—why did you take my ring?" she bit her bottom lip, watching him as he settled on the bed opposite her.

"This is over," he snapped. "You're a cheater, you know. You were honest when you were drunk."

"What do you mean?" Cassiopeia frowned, her feet finally touching the floor. "Why are you calling me a cheater?"

Cassiopeia couldn't understand why he acted like she had slept with someone else.

"Because, you're," he snarled, getting up. "I witnessed the incident you hid from my own eyes, yesterday."

What happened yesterday? Why can't I remember anything? Errr... this headache!

"Can't you remember the way you kissed your cousin like a fish out of water?" He fumed, startling her.

Did I kiss Draco? Why did I do that?

She felt her headache fading as the memories rushed back. She gulped at the thought, which she never wanted to remember.

"Look, I really cannot remember anything," she tried her best to calm him. "I never ever want to betray you, I love you only."

"Don't use words that have no meaning at all," Tom stood up to leave. "At least, do you know the meaning of love, Cassiopeia?"

"Tom, just listen to me," she stood, grabbing his wrist. "I do mean them."

"No, you don't," Tom shoved her hand away, his rage evident in his eyes. "You are a coward just like your father."