48: The Hidden Horcrux

Once the curfew time began and the castle corridors filled with emptiness, he apparated Cassiopeia quickly in front of the Room of Requirement.

This time it appeared as usual, and both of them went in quickly.

Cassiopeia was surprised when she saw inside. It was very different from the last time. Now the whole room was a messy space with countless pieces of equipment strewn about, some cupboards, wooden boxes, and much more. Some of them were broken.

Tom slowly closed the door behind Cassiopeia and stood next to her, observing the room.

"Hope it would be easier to search," he remarked as his brows knitted together, carefully examining everything around.

"Why do you think it's there in this room, Tom?" Cassiopeia asked, wondering how he got the idea that the Horcrux was there.

"Because, I felt that the day we both spent time here, when we were dancing," he explained, stepping into the room along a small path created through the mess.

"Yet, you decided to tell me now," Cassiopeia raised her brow and crossed her arms over her chest, though his back was facing her.

He turned around and looked at her, a playful smirk on his face.

"Yes, because I didn't want to ruin the moment we had," he shrugged, observing her expression.

"Oh, I see!!!" Cassiopeia remarked sarcastically. "Nice excuse, by the way," she said mockingly, rolling her eyes at him.

He stepped back in her direction and quickly snaked his arms around her, pulling her closer.

Cassiopeia stared at him, unsure of what he was going to do. He gave a smug smile and spoke.

"Did you know how flushed your cheeks get, every time I get close to you?" He smirked, leaning in.

Cassiopeia didn't want to back down but decided to play along with him, like nothing had affected her.

"I'll try to remember to keep a mirror with me so I can check my face," she said, rolling her eyes at him again, muttering, "Nonsense!"

"Sometimes you are so sweet, you know," he said and gave a quick peck on her lips. This time, Cassiopeia felt her cheeks heat up.

"I think you were right; you need a mirror," he teased, observing her expression.

"I hope you can remember why we came here?" Cassiopeia reminded him of the reason they were there, worried he might forget. He nodded, loosening his grip around her. He winked at her before turning around and stepped into the room.

Cassiopeia raised her brows in confusion and followed after him. He didn't reply, but she heard a slight chuckle escape from his lips.

He abruptly stopped in his tracks, looking at one of the mountains of equipment. Cassiopeia followed his gaze as it went back and forth from bottom to the top. His eyes stopped somewhere in the middle of the equipment.

"Tom, it's there," he pointed to a black box. He approached the equipment closer, trying to get it, but it wasn't at the level he could reach.

"Use your wand," Cassiopeia took her wand out and stretched it to Tom. But he shook his head disapproving.

"Horcrux is something secure, and nothing can harm it by any use of magic," he explained, observing around to see if something was there to help them reach it.

Cassiopeia noticed a stool nearby.

"Okay, let's do it like this," she said, stepping forward and pulling the stool, which caused the equipment to shatter onto the floor. But it wasn't as she expected. As soon as she pulled the stool away, a number of equipment began to fall on them.