75: A Difficult Choice

"I hope you enjoy your Christmas here, sir," Cassiopeia smiled warmly, and Professor Slughorn reciprocated the same. It was the day to head back home for the Christmas holidays, and Cassiopeia was enthusiastic about seeing Tom after months. Even though it had only been two months, she missed him. Her heart knew that Tom was no longer just a denial but a reality. Her fiancé!

"I hope you will have the same with your boyfriend," Slughorn remarked, causing a slight blush to spread across Cassiopeia's cheeks. "I really want to see him, but I don't know whether I'm ready for that, bu—"

"Cassie!!! Cassie!!!" The door burst open, revealing Nigel, who appeared to be out of breath from running. "Professor Dumbledore asked you to come, right now. It's urgent."

The words tumbled out of him urgently. Cassiopeia furrowed her brows and looked at Professor Slughorn, who simply shrugged his shoulders.

"Remember, nothing about him," Slughorn advised, a clear message that Cassiopeia understood. She nodded in response.

"Merry Christmas, professor. See you in the new year," she greeted with a gentle smile, and he returned the sentiment.

Quickly leaving his office, Cassiopeia walked with Nigel. As they hurried through the corridors and up the stairs to the Headmaster's tower, she asked, "Do you know why Dumbledore is searching for me?"

Nigel replied, "No, but I saw Malfoy's parents there," causing Cassiopeia's brows to knit together with concern.

Were they going to take her home? Did they know about Tom? Why had they met with Dumbledore together?

"You're coming on Christmas Eve, right?" Nigel inquired, snapping Cassiopeia out of her thoughts. "Will you bring your fiancé too?"

"Oh, yes, darling," Cassiopeia ruffled his hair with a smile. "I'll bring him along. Anyways, I need—"

"Here," Nigel interrupted her, handing her a small yellow card with an address. "I'm sorry for giving this to you so late, but I hope it's not too late."

Cassiopeia flipped the card and noticed the Gryffindor badge on the back. "Thank you, Nigel."

"No worries, Cassie," he replied, smiling. "I wish I could have a sister like you."

"Well, consider me your sister you never had, and you can be my younger brother I never had," Cassiopeia suggested with a grin.

"Oh, that's sweet," Nigel beamed, showing his young enthusiasm. "See you soon, Cassie. Goodbye!"

"Goodbye, Nigel," Cassiopeia smiled as he left her alone. "Stay safe."

She knocked on the Headmaster's door, and after a few moments, she heard Dumbledore's voice from the other side.

"Come in, Miss. Black," he said, and Cassiopeia quickly entered his office, opening the door.

As soon as Cassiopeia entered, her eyes were drawn to her uncle Lucius and auntie Narcissa, who were engaged in conversation with Professor Dumbledore in front of his desk. Auntie Narcissa noticed her and, with a wide smile, stepped toward her, opening her arms.

Cassiopeia couldn't contain her happiness at seeing the kind woman who had always treated her like a real mother, especially after two years' time. She automatically threw herself into her aunt's embrace, tears of joy in her eyes.

"Oh, darling," Auntie Narcissa said, running her fingers through Cassiopeia's waist-long hair. "You've grown, sweetheart. I missed you."

"I missed you too, auntie," Cassiopeia replied, tightening her grip. Her aunt patted her back and gave her a kiss on the crown of her head.