110: Memories of Vivien Flint

Cassiopeia Black gazed at the other vial, containing her mother's memory. This time, she was eager to delve into the life of the woman who lost the love of her life. A feeling of unease gripped her heart as she watched the memories unfold. It was as if something deep within her had been shattered, irreparably broken. This understanding now echoed in her mind, far more vivid than Kreacher's storytelling ever could. She comprehended the depth of Kreacher's hatred for Tom Riddle, who had been the catalyst for her mother's suffering.

Cassiopeia furrowed her brow, feeling a throbbing headache emerging. She pressed her lips together, wiping away countless tears streaming down her cheeks. Clutching her mother's vial tightly, she stood up and, with a heavy heart, deposited the memory into the Pensieve, preparing to immerse herself once again.

"Cissy, Mrs. Black approved the relationship between me and Regulus," Cassiopeia heard a voice shriek, as a blonde girl embraced another girl tightly. They were in Malfoy Manor, her auntie's room. Cassiopeia recognized the blonde as her auntie Narcissa.

"I don't know why you two are making such a racket," a curly-haired woman lamented as she entered the room with another girl with short black hair. She bore a striking resemblance to Bellatrix.

Wait, was this Bellatrix? And who was the other girl?

"Don't spoil the moment, Bella," the unknown girl said, wrapping her arms around Bellatrix's. "Finally, she's going to have a happy life with her sweet lover."

"Exactly, Andy," Cassiopeia's mother, whom everyone called Vivi, smiled and pointed her finger at the girl named Andy. Andy, as Cassiopeia knew, stood for Andromeda, the one who had married a Muggle. This realization brought to light the fact that they were three sisters – Her auntie, Bellatrix, and Andromeda.

"Have you talked to Regulus about it?" Andromeda inquired, her question wiping the smile from Vivien's face. She sighed and slumped onto the bed.

"You can't keep this a secret any longer," Narcissa said as she wrapped her arms around Vivien, sitting next to her. "You need to tell him that you're pregnant."

"I'm scared," Vivien pressed her lips together, running her fingers through her hair. Cassiopeia realized that she had inherited this nervous habit from her mother.

"Come on, Vivien," Bellatrix knelt in front of her, which seemed unusual. Cassiopeia had never seen this side of Bellatrix before. "I know Regulus is quite intelligent compared to Sirius. Just tell him."

"Yeah, I don't think aunt Wulburga will react badly," Andromeda added, taking a seat beside Vivien. "Unless, of course, the child is a half-blood."

"That's a funny thought," Vivien rolled her eyes, and they all burst into giggles.

"One thing's for sure," Bellatrix pinched Vivien's cheek, grinning. "Cissy's child and yours will have as much fun as we did."

The vision shifted, dissolving into familiar black smoke, revealing a new scene in the Black house, in her father's room.

"I can't believe this," Regulus stuttered, overwhelmed with happiness. "Why didn't you tell me earlier?"

"I was afraid," her mother replied, looking down at her feet.

"We can be good parents," he assured Vivien, lifting her chin with his index finger. "I promise, once I've completed the Dark Lord's task, I'll come back to you."

Vivien took Regulus' left hand, pushing up his shirt sleeve to reveal the Dark Mark.

"What if he doesn't let you?" her voice quivered. "What will happen to us, to the child?"

"We'll leave here, perhaps go to the States," he reassured her, wiping away her tears. "He won't be able to find us."

"Bella suggested a name for our child," her mother smiled, letting down the sleeve. "She said if it's a girl, we should name her Cassiopeia."

"Nice name," her father agreed, guiding her to sit on the bed. "Where did she get that idea?"

"She said there was a twin sister of Rodolphus's father," Vivien explained as Regulus knelt before her. "According to her, she had healing abilities but was murdered by someone they didn't know. She had eyes like mine, and some features were like me."

"I've heard that story," Regulus shrugged his shoulders. "She was the Dark Lord's girlfriend back in those days. But she was completely different from him. Rodolphus once mentioned that the Nott family believed she was killed by the Dark Lord during that time."

"Oh, then we'll name her Cassiopeia," her mother smiled, taking her father's hand. "What about if it's a boy?"

"Castor," he grinned. "Castor Arctulus Black."

"Cassiopeia Arctula Black," Vivien beamed, caressing Regulus' cheek with the back of her hand. "She'll have both of our names."

Then, another black mist clouded Cassiopeia's vision, transporting her to a place she had never seen before.

"I'm sorry, my mistress," Kreacher bowed as her mother covered her mouth and stepped back. She had a noticeable bump on her belly at that time. "Master ordered me to be with Miss. Flint and his child."

"He promised me, Kreacher," her mother sobbed as she sat on the bed. "He promised he would come back."

Tears welled up in Cassiopeia's eyes as she witnessed her mother's grief. The depth of her loss was palpable, and it was clear that no one could console her. Cassiopeia bit her bottom lip, imagining how she would feel if she lost Tom. The pain was too much to bear. The vision faded as black smoke clouded her sight once more.

In a new and unfamiliar place, a simple and small house, Cassiopeia stood at the doorway listening to a baby's cries. It was raining outside.

"Hey, sweetheart, don't cry," her mother walked over, cradling a crying baby, and sat on the couch. "Look at him."

Vivien pointed a finger at the Kreacher to draw the baby's attention to him, who stood with a bowl.

"Miss. Arctula," Kreacher smiled briefly, but his expression darkened when he heard the sound of thunder. "Mistress, I feel his dark magic."

"Kreacher," Vivien looked at him with a confused expression. "Is it..."

"Yes, my mistress," Kreacher nodded.

Another black mist clouded Cassiopeia's vision, and it cleared to reveal her mother once again, smiling in her direction. "I love you, Cassiopeia."

As Cassiopeia emerged from the Pensieve, she felt overwhelmed, nearly falling to her knees, wheezing. The revelation of her parents' tragic past due to Tom Riddle had left her with a pounding headache. She mustered the strength to apparate back to the dormitory, where Tom still slumbered peacefully.

In the bathroom, she heaved, emptying herstomach, unable to bear the weight of what she had learned. It was all toomuch. She had never imagined the extent to which her parents' lives had beenshattered because of him. She felt her head pounding, and the pain wasexcruciating. She wished she could have met them and told them how proud shewas to have such brave parents who had put her before their own lives.

A/N

I hope you have watched "The Sisters of House Black".

And not, check out my account... I have posted the link in conversation :)

Let's meet tomorrow, love y'all and stay safe <3

~ monoceros_x 🦄