59: The Resemblance

Lord Voldemort, a name that sent shivers down the spines of witches and wizards, stood in his private quarters at Malfoy Manor. As he left the Ministry and returned to Malfoy Manor, his mind was not consumed by thoughts of Harry Potter but by a striking discovery – a girl who bore an uncanny resemblance to Cassiopeia, a name and face from his past. It was a peculiar twist of fate.

The girl's visage mirrored Cassiopeia's in a way that stirred memories of a time long past. He had never expected to see her pure, innocent eyes again, not in a different era and certainly not like this. Voldemort couldn't forget the day he had found her lifeless body, a memory that still haunted him to this day.

His thoughts kept returning to a small ring hanging from the girl's necklace, and he wondered if it was the very same ring he had seen disappear from Cassiopeia's finger years ago. The resemblance was uncanny.

A knock on the door interrupted his reverie. It was Lucius Malfoy, the one who had failed in a task Voldemort had entrusted to him.

"Come in," Voldemort ordered, his anger simmering beneath the surface. Lucius had one task, and he had bungled it.

"My Lord, I apologize for my failure," Lucius began as he entered the room, fear and anxiety etched across his face.

"You couldn't even complete one simple task, Lucius," Voldemort admonished, his wand still in hand. "Even your father, Abraxas, would have been more competent. You are a complete imbecile."

"My Lord, please allow me to make amends," Lucius pleaded, his voice quivering. Voldemort sometimes questioned if this was truly the son of the valiant Abraxas.

"Give me your son," Voldemort commanded, knowing it was the most fitting punishment he could bestow upon Lucius.

"My Lord?" Lucius was clearly perplexed.

"I don't repeat myself, Lucius," Voldemort stated, his tone unyielding as he approached Lucius. "Let's see if your son can execute the task correctly. Call him, now!"

With that, Lucius left, bowing, and quickly summoned his son. Voldemort watched the green flames in the fireplace, his mind racing as he contemplated the girl who bore a striking resemblance to his lost love. Who was she really, and how could she look so much like his angel?

He had long since abandoned hope of reviving her in any form, resorting to ancient dark magic to grant her a new life, but it had all been in vain. The memories of his time with her had only served to torment him, and he found himself wondering if the magic he had employed had finally taken effect.

What would his life have been like if she had stayed by his side? How different would it be from his current existence?

A knock sounded again, pulling him from his thoughts. He granted entry with a simple, "Come in."

Voldemort turned to see a young silver-blond boy standing with his father. He walked toward the boy, his piercing red eyes locked on the boy's anxious grey ones. The boy bore a striking resemblance to Abraxas.

Lucius began to introduce the boy, but Voldemort cut him off. The boy's appearance intrigued him, but he had another question in mind.

"Who was the girl seen with Potter?" Voldemort asked, his curiosity piqued. "The raven-haired girl."

"She is the daughter of Regulus Black, my Lord," Lucius replied, shedding light on the girl's identity. It was the child Voldemort had once sought after killing Potter.

Voldemort's curiosity about the girl who resembled Cassiopeia Black was insatiable. He was determined to find her, not with the intent to kill, but to unravel the mysteries surrounding her. His decision was made; he had no intention of harming her.

"Where does she live?" Voldemort inquired, eager to begin his search.

Lucius Malfoy explained, "We adopted her after Flint's death. But she left for Sirius's place last year, and now I have no idea where she currently resides. It's likely she's with Potter."

"Send Bellatrix to find her," Voldemort ordered impatiently. "But under no circumstances is she to harm the girl. I only want to know her whereabouts. Ensure she remains unaware of our search. Do you understand?"

"Yes, my Lord," Lucius obeyed, his obedience unquestionable. He quickly left the room to carry out his master's orders.

Voldemort turned his attention to the young boy who had accompanied Lucius. He was curious about the boy, who displayed a remarkable calmness despite the circumstances.

"What's your name, son?" Voldemort inquired, his wand resting beneath the boy's chin, forcing their eyes to meet.

"Draco Malfoy," he replied, impressing Voldemort. He bore a striking resemblance to his grandfather, Abraxas Malfoy, and displayed a courage and composure beyond his years.

Voldemort instructed the boy to extend his forearm, and with a precise movement of his wand, he tattooed the Dark Mark onto Draco's skin. The boy flinched in pain but remained stoic, showing no outward signs of fear.

"I'm entrusting you with a task, Draco," Voldemort said as he completed the mark. "Kill Dumbledore and create a path for the Death Eaters to enter Hogwarts using the vanishing cabinet."

Draco gasped at the weight of Voldemort's command but then regained his composure.

"Otherwise, I'll kill you," Voldemort threatened, not allowing any room for failure. Once Dumbledore was eliminated, Voldemort would have a clear path to defeating Potter and establishing his dominance in the wizarding world.

"I understand, my Lord," Draco nodded, acknowledging the gravity of the task.

Voldemort had one more burning question. "Do you know the girl who grew up with you? The one who resembles Cassiopeia Black?"

"Cassiopeia Black, my Lord," Draco replied nonchalantly, and Voldemort's eyes widened. How could this girl have the same name?

The room fell into an eerie silence as Voldemort contemplated this peculiar coincidence.

"May I share something with you, my Lord?" Draco inquired, showing utmost respect. Voldemort nodded, granting permission.

"She is related to Cassiopeia Lestrange," Draco explained, further mystifying Voldemort.

"How do you know this?" Voldemort asked, his wand slipping from his hand as he focused on the boy's words.

" Cassiopeia had recurring dreams since we were eleven. She shared them with me until the day she left the manor. She spoke of a boy, whose name is..." Draco gulped nervously before continuing, "...Tom Riddle."

Voldemort's heart quickened at the mention of his own name. This was the first time in fifty years that he had heard his given name uttered.

"Do you know the reason behind her dreams?" Voldemort inquired, captivated by Draco's revelation.

"According to Professor Binns, it's a concept known as reincarnation, a belief held in eastern muggle cultures. The dreams were her past life memories," Draco explained, and Voldemort's heart pounded with each word.

"What does she think about it?" Voldemort asked, his curiosity unabated.

"She told me she had already fallen for that guy," Draco replied, the weight of those words hanging heavily in the room.

Voldemort dismissed the boy, needing time to contemplate this unexpected revelation.

She knows me, knows all about us.

He was determined that he would not lose her again.

Author's Note:

The most waited chapter, am I right?

Thanks for staying with my story, love y'all as always.

monoceros_x 💖