82: Unsettling Nightmares

Cassiopeia sat at a polished wooden desk in her room, the dim glow of candlelight casting a soft ambiance. The parchment before her was blank, awaiting her words. Her hand hovered over the quill, a thoughtful expression on her face. She began to write, addressing the letter to Draco.

The words flowed onto the parchment, her elegant script forming the message that weighed heavily on her mind. She wished she could be with Draco to celebrate Christmas as he had mentioned, but there were pressing matters to discuss. Her quill scratched the paper as she conveyed her unease and her desire to meet.

Dear Draco,

Merry Christmas Drakieee!

I wish I could celebrate Christmas with you as you said.

Anyways, I need you to come here tomorrow because I want to go out without Tom. And I have something to tell you. It's really bothering my mind. I feel unwell whenever it's playing in my mind.

I will attend Blaise's Winter Ball on 28th. I want you to tell them everything, both Blaise and Pansy. Hiding things anymore wouldn't help and they need to know.

The only people we can trust are them. Before the Ball let them know about Tom Riddle and Voldermort.

Hope to see you soon and give my regards to auntie and uncle. Wish them on behalf of me.

With Love,
Cassie

She placed the envelope in the beak of Zeus, her owl, along with a beautifully wrapped gift. The package was enchanted to light up, a small gesture to bring a smile to Draco's face.

As she sent Zeus on his way, she heard Tom's voice from behind. He had an uncanny ability to sense when something was amiss.

"Are you alright, angel?" he inquired, his lips brushing her temple. "You look sick."

Evening had fallen, and the letter wouldn't be late. She hoped Draco would receive it and come as requested. There was something she needed to discuss with him, concerning her recent nightmare and the cryptic message she had received in that dream.

"No, I'm all good," Cassiopeia replied, though she couldn't deny her unease. She felt insecure for reasons she couldn't quite put her finger on. The nightmare had affected her deeply, dredging up her own fears and insecurities about her relationship with Tom. Love, she realized, was far more complex and challenging than the stories in books would have one believe.

She made her way to the visiting room, with Tom following. She sat on the sofa, the weight of her concerns pressing upon her like a heavy fog.

"Talk with me, Cass," Tom implored as he took a seat beside her. "What's bothering you?"

She hesitated, her words caught between her desire to share her worries and her fear of seeming unreasonable. "Nothing," she lied, rubbing her temples. "Just a slight headache since the morning."

Tom, ever perceptive, gently pulled her closer, allowing her to rest her head in his lap. He began to massage her temples with his thumb and index finger, his touch providing her with a measure of comfort.

Cassiopeia closed her eyes, the rhythmic movement of Tom's fingers helping her to relax. However, it wasn't long before the nightmare began to replay in her mind, from the beginning.

The vivid images of Tom and Bellatrix, scantily clad and entangled in a passionate embrace, the cruel words they had exchanged about her, the mockery of Bellatrix, and Tom seemingly chasing her away from him haunted her thoughts.

"It was only a nightmare," Tom reassured her, his fingers continuing their soothing motion. "I would never do such a thing to you. Why would I lose interest in you, Cass?"

"You invaded my mind. Don't do that."

The vulnerability in her voice and her desire for an explanation were evident. Tom had a lot to answer for, and the shadows of her nightmares were creeping into her reality, making her question the very foundations of their relationship.

"I didn't want to," he sighed. "Your Occlumency was weaker since the morning, and I wanted to do it during that time, but I waited until you decided to share it on your own, but you didn't."

Cassiopeia attempted to stand up, but he gently restrained her by placing his hand on her shoulder. "Because I never wanted to discuss meaningless dreams," she explained. "Please, let me go."

"You should know that keeping silent won't help us work through these issues," he advised. "I need you to talk to me about anything. I don't care if it seems insignificant. I'll never judge you."

Cassiopeia looked up at him as his lips curved with understanding. She realized that silence wasn't the best solution for problems, but she hesitated to burden others with her concerns. She had only ever openly shared her problems with Draco and Kreacher.

"I can understand," Cassiopeia acknowledged. "I didn't want to be a bother."

"You're not a bother, my love," he reassured her as he caressed her cheek. His hand playfully toyed with the hem of her sweater. "I assume you enjoyed last night."

Cassiopeia's cheeks reddened at the thought, and she averted her gaze from him. "Let's say I did."

"Weren't you?" He smirked, running his hand under her sweater, causing her to look at him. "Look at me when I speak to you."

His hand found the underband of her bra, and a gasp escaped from her lips. He never broke eye contact with her. "Just a simple touch makes you feel this way, doesn't it?" He breathed into her cheek. "Answer me, love."

"Yes," Cassiopeia admitted, biting her bottom lip nervously.

He chuckled as he leaned in closer. His lips nearly touched hers, but his dark brown eyes remained fixed on her blue ones. "I like the way you become helpless and nervous because of me," he murmured. Then, Tom's hungry lips claimed hers, while his hand continued to explore her soft skin. She moaned into the kiss as the heat in her body intensified.

"I can take you right here," he whispered into the kiss.

"Not here." Cassiopeia shook her head, not wanting to engage in such activities in the open. She was aware that Kreacher could appear at any moment.

In the next moment, he scooped her up in a bridal style. Cassiopeia frowned at him. "Tom, are you serious?"

She hadn't expected him to carry her to their room, but he carried her away, planting a kiss on her forehead before they disappeared into their room.

"Yes, your pleasure is mine too."