16: Secrets and History

"Aren't you really coming, Cassie?" Blaise asked as Draco, Cassiopeia, and Pansy walked along the corridor with him.

"I have some work to do," Cassiopeia replied, which made the three of them furrow their brows at her. "What?"

"As far as I know, there is no homework, so what work do you have to do?" Blaise inquired, while Pansy and Draco nodded in agreement.

Cassiopeia didn't respond but remained silent. After Snape's class, she hadn't experienced any dreams yet. She was curious about what would happen after the fight. It was like watching a television series that Muggles were usually addicted to.

Last night, Cassiopeia couldn't sleep properly. She woke up two or three times in the middle of the night, tossing and turning in her bed, unable to get a good night's sleep. Her thoughts were consumed by her dreams, and a sudden idea had popped into her mind.

Who would be the person to turn to if she needed to know about the history? There was only one person, right? Despite trying to wrap her head around what Professor Dumbledore had said about a time-related matter, her curiosity continued to override his advice.

"So what's the adventure you're going on?" Draco whispered in her ear as the other two walked ahead of them. Cassiopeia looked at him, raising an eyebrow. "I know you're up to something. Don't tell me that the work you have to do is related to Tom Riddle."

"Okay, I won't tell," Cassiopeia shrugged her shoulders. Draco quirked an eyebrow while looking at her. "Why? You told me not to tell you about the work related to him." Sarcasm dripped from her voice, and Draco rolled his eyes.

When they reached the end of the corridor, Cassiopeia called out to the two figures who were deep in conversation. They both turned to look at her and Draco, who had stopped in his tracks.

"All right, buddies, I'm leaving," Cassiopeia announced, causing their expressions to shift to disappointment. "Don't give me those looks; I'm already bored because I already know who's going to win anyway."

"Are you sure about that?" Pansy asked with a puzzled expression, which made Cassiopeia chuckle.

"Keep this in mind: Cedric will be the first, and, of course, Harry," Cassiopeia declared as they exchanged glances.

"Potter won't last ten minutes under the Black Lake," Draco remarked rudely, eliciting a death glare from Cassiopeia.

"I think you said the same thing before, and Moody—"

"Oh, shut it, Zabini," Draco interrupted, and he walked away from her. Once their figures disappeared from her view, Cassiopeia turned to head to the place she had planned to visit.

She walked through the corridors and reached the 4F classroom, only to find the door was closed. She turned the doorknob to reveal that it was locked. Cassiopeia sighed and decided to check another location where she thought he might be.

Almost running to the third floor through the spiral staircase, she garnered some strange glances from students walking in the opposite direction. She reached the corridor where classroom seventy-two was located.

"Seems someone is alone?" Cassiopeia was stopped in her tracks by a disgusting voice. She turned around to see him smirking as he looked her up and down, as if he was scrutinizing every inch of her. This time, Cassiopeia was not insecure. She pulled her wand from her boot and pointed it at him, just as he did the same.

"Expelliarmus," Cassiopeia cast, disarming Crabbe, who staggered backward. "Stop stalking me before I tell Draco."

She knew that Crabbe would probably be afraid of Draco. He was well aware of the consequences if Draco found out about his flirting with Cassiopeia.