128: An Unbreakable Vow

"Do you have anything to say, Tom?" Tom Riddle's old Transfiguration professor's gaze burned into his figure. Not only the professor's, but the two boys, Harry Potter and Draco Malfoy, who despised him more than their own lives.

Cassiopeia, his angel, lay at the Hospital Wing, unconscious, while he had to answer the headmaster.

"How is she?" That was the only thing he wanted to ask, the only thing he wanted to say. "Will she be alright?"

He couldn't bear the thought of losing her. Even though his head told him that love was a weakness, he couldn't deny that it weakened him only when she wasn't with him. She was the one who had brought love into his life.

"How dare you ask about her, you son of a—"

"Language, Mr. Malfoy," the professor warned, as Harry Potter gripped the blonde's upper arm, holding him back.

Whoa, when had those two become friends?

"How can I not when he nearly killed her? Are you blind?" Malfoy snarled, his eyes shooting daggers Tom's way. "If something happens to her, I will rip your head out of your body, you—"

"Draco," the old man's voice grew louder. "I said once, we all care about her, not only you. She's alright, and there's nothing to worry about."

A sigh of relief escaped from the three of them as the tension eased. Potter let go of Malfoy's arm and patted his shoulder in a reassuring manner.

"Do you realize you've created a mess in their lives?" Dumbledore's eyes pierced Tom's. "I know you are on your way to obtaining this—" he pointed to the Elder Wand on the table. "—but I never thought the same would happen after she came back into your life."

"I'm not after your wand, sir," Tom swallowed hard as he uttered the last word. "I didn't want your Elder Wand."

"Elder Wand?" Malfoy's eyes widened as he looked at the wand on the table. "The most powerful wand."

Potter's eyes narrowed as he examined the wand.

"I assumed I was done with it," Tom added, addressing what they wanted to know. "It was supposed to remain a secret with me forever, and I'm finished with it. Can I see her?"

"No, you can't," Malfoy seethed through gritted teeth. "You've done enough to make her life miserable, yet you ask to see her... this is ridiculous, professor."

"How can you look younger?" Potter finally spoke. "You used to be a nose-less monster."

"He had only bloody nostrils, Potter," the blonde sneered. "I still can't believe what Cassiopeia saw in him to turn him into this version."

"If anything happens to her, I'm clear that I will kill you myself," Potter's voice was nonchalant, but the venom clearly glistened.

"Can you two just shut the—"

"How can we shut up when you nearly killed her?" Potter snarled, cutting Tom off.

"Potter, it was done by her loving cousin if you recall it correct—"

"How dare you put the blame on me, you—"

"Quiet, everyone," Dumbledore slammed his hands on his table, silencing the three of them. "I didn't bring you three here to watch an argument."

Tom had never seen Dumbledore in his angry state before, which startled the two boys instantly. They flinched at his voice as Tom remained silent.

Tom sighed, closing his eyes. All he could think of was her. Is she alright? Will she forgive him? Does she hate him?