Broken

Soo I don't remember who mentioned this to me, but it's sort of like @facelesswonder's prompt but I'm going to try to change it as much as possible. Enjoy! :) leave ideas in the comments.

"Are you nervous B?" I say turning off the tv and turning towards her. A couple of weeks ago, we were informed by the doctor that Beth's pregnancy wasn't on the right track. He gave her two options. 1. She kills the baby 2. She could die during birth. I hate this for her so much. She's having to chose between something I've created. I know on the inside she's hurting and she's scared, but she keeps smiling. "No. I'll be okay." She says rubbing my hand. I smile, but what if she isn't okay? We had just finished dinner with Mark and Sadie when I hear Beth yell from upstairs. "DEREK!" I run upstairs without hesitation and she whispers "It's time." So many things rushed through my head when she said that. This could be the last time, or a new beginning. We all pile in the car and within 15 min we arrived at the hospital. They take Beth back, and won't let anyone else in. Everyone is in tears, and I'm sitting against the wall sobbing and banging my head against it. "Family of Bethany Mota?" We all jump up and run over there, and Sadie grabs my hand for comfort. I look at him with wide teary eyes, and he nods his head with a soft smile. I jump with excitement and joy and we all run back there with him. "How is the baby?" I ask. "Healthy! Beautiful!" I beam and turn my head and see Beth. She looks like life has been sucked out of her and there's nothing left of her. But she's alive, and that's all that matters. "Bethany! Babe!" I say running to her grabbing her hand and kneeling down by the bed. "Derek." She manages to get out. "What baby?" I say my eyes feeling with tears. "I love you. Take good care of the baby." Then she closes her eyes. "NO NO NO! Bethany come back! DOCTOR! B, COME BACK. THIS CANT BE HAPPENING." Everyone runs into the room and they start crying and the nurse and doctor take her out of the room. I sit there in my puddle of tears and sob, along with everyone else. We manage to sit there for a long while when we're interrupted. "Would you like to see the child?" I get up and nod. I know Bethany is watching over us, and she wouldn't want this day to be all about her death. She would want it to be about the new creation she brought into the world today. I smile at the thought of her. "She's beautiful." Sadie says sniffling. "Very." I say admiring her blue crystal eyes. "Just like her mother." I say with tears once again filling my eyes. Bethany would want this.

"Daddy!" I look down to see Claire holding onto my jacket. "Yes sweetie?" I say smiling back down at her. "Can I see mommy?" I kiss her forehead and walk over to the living room and grab a picture of Bethany. It's one of my favorites, she's in this beautiful orange dress. "She's so pretty!" I laugh and reply "Yeah she is." I've been without Bethany for four years but I've kept her legacy going. Claire's having her first dance lesson today, and since the dwts crew has opened its on studio I decided why not take her there? "You ready munchkin?" She giggles and nods her head. I put her on my shoulders and we walk outside. She's nervous. She always twirls her curls, when she gets nervous. Just like Bethany. "Aunt Jules!" She says running towards Julianne with big open arms when we arrive. "Hey, cutie!" She says picking her up. "There's some people I want you to meet." Mark says grabbing her out of Jules arms. "This is Witney, Sasha, Val, Emma, and Dylan." Claire smiles and they all admire how cute she is. "Ya know Claire, you look so much like your momma!" Emma says. Claire beams and says "Wait you know mommy?" Everyone's eyes fill with tears. "Yes, I did sweetie. She was a really great women. Even though you can't see her. She loves you so very much." Claire looks at her with dead eyes and says "I know. My daddy tells me about her every single day. I want to meet her so bad!" My heart breaks a little when she says that. I sit there in silence with the adults when he runs to play. "I miss her." Val manages to get out. "So do I." I say patting his back. "Derek, She would be so proud of you. She looks down at you and Claire everyday and smiles as wide as the ocean." Witney says hugging me.

I was going through the junk room in my apartment and found a box with envelops that have never been opened before. They're Bethany's. They were all to Claire and then I found a "To Derek:" I could feel myself begin to shake as I opened it. "Dear Derek, If your reading this right now. I'm no longer with you. I'm sorry. I know your taking good care of her. Yes whoops I knew it was a her. I asked the doc. I'm sorry it had to end this way. I know your hurt and I know your sad, but don't be. Live life. I would love to be there with you right now. Your arms were always the only place I felt safe. I love you so much. Our little girl will grow up to be someone important, I know it. Keep her head on the right track and tell her what I told you when you felt down. And when you find new love, I'll be happy for you. You deserve to be happy. She will be the 3rd most important person to me, because she will be there for Claire's wedding, prom, graduation, and I won't. I'll be their in her heart. She will be the person you love, and I'll be okay. But please never forget me. I love you so much. You were my first true love. And always will be. Each day we're always one day closer to being together. Again." Xoxo, Beth.