Gone.

He walked out of the bathroom, with his wet hair, and a red flannel on. Her favorite flannel of his. He was expecting to see her there, sitting on the bed, on her phone, just as she was before he got in the shower.

But she wasn't. "Beth?" He shouted, he ran downstairs and didn't see her. "Bethany!" He screamed again. He turned around and saw Julianne leaned against the door. "Where is she?" He questioned her. "She left," she said and sipped her coffee and stared at the beauty of Nashville. "What do you mean she left?" He asked stepping in front of his sister.

"She can't explain why she left. Just let her go, D. If it means well, it'll find its way." She said as she closed the door as the rain started to fall. "No! Julianne, why did she leave?" He said again, raising his voice. She just shook her head and he ran and grabbed her keys.

She ran after him and grabbed the keys. "Do you love her, Derek? She asked covering her head from the rain with her cardigan. "More than anyone will ever know." He replied, confidently. "How do you know?" She asked, "Because nothing makes sense without her." She threw him the keys and he took off.

He drove until he saw another couple standing on the side of the road, outside of their cars. He pulled over and ran out into the rain to get to them. He turned his head and noticed his car turned over in a ditch. He covered his mouth and tears filled his eyes.

His eyes scanned all around until he saw her, lying there in her black coat and ripped jeans. Her hair was wet from the rain, her eyes were closed, her lips were turning a light shade of pink, she had bruises everywhere. He bent down beside her and held her hand in his, harder than he ever had before.

He got as close to her as he could and held her cheek in his hand and sobbed, "Bethany. Hold on. Baby, don't leave me" he cried out.

The ambulance pulled up and they pushed him back. He stayed as close as he could and cries softly. His thoughts were interrupted by the loud, "No heartbeat found." He started sobbing again, and slipped into his car.

He slammed his head into the wheel so many times, hoping he could escape this world with her. He continued to sob, and sob until he turned his head and saw them attempting to shock her back to life. He ran out of the car and held her hand. "3,2,1." The loud beep sounded and she popped up off the ground and lied there for a minute.

Every stepped back, except him and he prayed and hoped he would see those bold, beautiful, brown eyes flutter open. And soon, that's what happened. He smiled and picked her up and sat her on his lap. "Der-" he stopped her, "No, stop. None of that matters anymore, you're here with me right now and that's all I care about."

She started sobbing into his chest and then lifted his chin. "I'm sorry, all of this is my fault." He shook his head and replied, "Stop apologizing. You're alive, and you may not want to be with me tomorrow, but you right now, and your health, is all that matters. I get to see your beautiful face for atleast one more day. And I'm grateful."

She was about to respond but was pulled away into the ambulance and Derek followed in his sister's car. He sat in the waiting room all night until he was allowed to see her, that's all he wanted.

"Bethany has broken ribs, fractured her scull and a few bruises. No surgery is needed. Everything should heal on its own. Would you like to see her?" He nodded and followed him. He walked in and she was turned over and he heard her quiet whimper.

"Baby, don't cry," He pleaded, sitting in the chair next to her. "I ruined everything. Your car, you... us." She whispered and he was in shock of her thoughts. "The car? That's replaceable. You're not, we're not. What we have is magical, why can't you see that?" He ask, pushing her hair back.

"I see it. I see it all. It's just.." She stopped. "What is it babe?" He replied, "Nevermind." He didn't feel like questioning her or putting her through anymore so he didn't but he did say something. "I love you." He whispered and kissed her softly.

He had never said it before, those 3 words haven't been used yet in their relationship. But he meant it and knew he wanted her to know how much she meant to him. She paused for a minute and whispered before kissing him again, "I love you too."