The Way

All star season!!

I just walked in the Dancing With the Stars Studio and the smell comforted me. I haven't been in here since season 19. But I'm back. I walk into my rehearsal room with my eyes shut and nervous. "It's me!" I open my eyes to see Allison Holker. "Allison! I was hoping it would be you." She smiles and hugs me. "Nice to see you too, Alfonso!" We talk for a bit and decide to go out into the lounge and see new stars and pros. "ALFONSO!" I turn my head and see Bethany Mota. When we were on season 19, I took Sadie and Beth underneath my wing and was their "dad" figure while on the show. "Bethany! Who did you get?" She bites her lip and says "I got Val." I smile and hug her and tell her I got Allison. We catch up with Sadie and Janel and then the pros walk in. I spot Witney, Allison, Val, Mark, Artem, Sharna, Peta, Keo, Kym, and the one and only Derek Hough. As soon as I saw his face I turned to Bethany who tried to escape but Mark had already caught her and everyone basically went down a line greeting and hugging. Bethany reached Derek and they both stared at each other. I see the way he looks at my little Berh, he looks at her like she's the most gorgeous women he's ever laid eyes on, he looks at her with all the love in world in his eyes, and Bethany? She does the exact same. They hug and they both shut their eyes, like they've finally reached home. Right where they want to be. I'm still in awe that I got to witness her fall in love. I pull Derek aside and say "I know what's going on with you. You need to tell her." And with that I walk away. Derek will realize it one day, the one day when he and Beth are sharing vows, the day she's giving birth, the day he tells her he loves her, the day he proposes, the day she's no longer with him. He will realize it. And if he doesn't, Bethany will always know. She is what keeps him going, even if they don't speak everyday. She's right there, always in his mind. It's his Bethany. She will always know, that she loves him. And we will always know, they both love each other. Even if they don't admit it. Bethany and Derek are in love, but the monsters in their heads are scared of it. It's likes a burning sensation they have of just wanting each other so bad. It's just the way they look at each other.