Strong.

He sat across the couch from her, not keeping his eyes off of her while she sat on the opposite end on her phone totally ignoring him. Their legs were intertwined and he just sat and stared at her. "What?" She said, waving her hand in front of his face, "I was thinking.." He said as she got up to pour more tea. "Well this can't be good," she laughed and he gasped.

"Actually.. I think it's very good." He said, waving his hand at her. "Ok then. What's up?" She said, sitting in his lap. "We've been together for 3 years now," He lead on, "And I was wondering what you thought about kids?"

She gave him a blank face and shook her head, "I don't know, Derek," she looked down, not wanting to disappoint him with the tears in her eyes. "Alright. It's okay baby." He said, getting up. "I'm going to go out for a bit." He said slipping on his shoes and jacket. "Okay."

She heard the door slam and she slipped down into the couch and pushed her hair back. She couldn't let him down, or she didn't want to disappoint him. He wanted kids, she didn't know yet.

For the past week she would lay awake at night thinking about it. It ate at her, and he still didn't seem normal. Finally, she decided on her final decision.

She turned over and saw he was still awake, "Hey," she whispered. He turned his head from the ceiling to her and smiled, "I need to tell you something." She continued. "I'm ready." He slid up and grabbed her hands. "For?" He smirked. "You know what I mean Derek."

"I just want to hear you say it." He said, beaming. "I'm ready to have kids!" She shrieked and he fell in love with her all over again and loved her more then he ever has. Which he didn't think was possible. "I love you so much babe." He said, kissing her. "I love you too."

And then clothing piece by clothing piece, it happened.

13 years later.

He rolled over and saw his beautiful wife laying beside him. Her eyes fluttered open and he smiled at her. "Hey you." He whispered, "Hi love." She said kissing him.

Today was 14 years of marriage for them. 14 strong years. They got up and went separate ways like they did every morning. Derek walked into his 13 year old daughters room and Bethany walked into her 3 year old son.

"Jackson, wake up." She whispered, as her son turned over to see his mom. "Mommy?" He said. "Yes sweetie?" She said sitting on his bed and pulling him into her lap. "I love you so so much!" He shrieked and her eyes filled with tears, "I love you too baby."

Derek twisted the knob to his daughters room and saw she was already awake. "Hey dad," she said. "Hey sweetheart." He said laying down beside her. "Whatcha watching?" He said noticing she paused her phone as he came in. "This." She said as she pressed play and Derek and Bethany's paso played on the screen. He smiled and they watched the rest. "That's the week I realized I was in love with your mom." He said, smiling. "I know. One day, I hope someone is as in love with me as you are with mom." She said, getting up. "That's a lot of love your messing with. And anyways you got many years before your dealing with love." She rolled her eyes and he kissed her temple. "Love you."

"Daddy!" Jackson screamed, as soon as he saw him. "Hey buddy!" Derek said picking him up to his side. "Hey mom," Kendall said as her mom put her arm around her. "Good morning love."

They walked downstairs and Derek made breakfast while Bethany and Kendall got ready for their event. Derek heard his phone buzz and saw "kendallhough posted a photo" and he slid it to read, "Happy 14 year anniversary to my wonderful parents. Without them I wouldn't be the person I am today. The love they have is like they just fell in love. The unconditional love and amazing bond they have is so inspiring to me. Words can't express how blessed I am to have these two wonderful, amazing, humans as parents. They never fail to make each other laugh, me laugh, embarrass the heck out of me, and make sure I be the best me I can be. Love my hot mama and insanely talented daddy! #RelationshipGoals"

He smiled and commented, "My love for you, your brother, and mom is the strongest love in the world. Love you sweetheart!" Throughout the day the Instagram post and text continued. "Happy 14 years to these wonderful people! The most inspiring love I've ever witnessed. Love you both." They both smiled and Bethany commented, "Thanks Mark! We love you!"

He smiled as he watched her from the bed in the mirror take off her earrings and jewelry. He snuck up behind her and carried her out to their beautiful backyard bridal style. "What are you doing?" She giggled, "You'll have to wait and see!" He shouted as he through her in the pool. "Derek!" She shouted. "Watch out!" He said as he dived in, "Your crazy!" She said as she swam over to him and wrapped her legs around him. "Crazy for you." He whispered and kissed her.

Their love was strong back then, strong now, and always will be strong.

GUYS! Check out my tumblr, I will post prompts on there, and MOTOUGH and other things. It's tumblr.com/shaii-g :)