What You Mean To Me.

Hey! It's been forever, I know, I'm so sorry! But this is just like a prompt on a cute fluffy reality Beth and Derek! Hope you like it.

********

He rolls over and saw her laying there beside him and kissed her temple and got up and grabbed the crying 3 month year old from the crib beside him.

They were in his hometown for the weekend and they were staying at his aunt and uncles.

Bethany rolled over and saw her husband and little boy were already up. She sat up and kissed Derek softy and then took the baby from him.

"Good morning, babe." He said, she smiled and kissed him again. It was Father's Day. "Happy Father's Day!" She squealed, hugging him once again.

"Mama?" She heard and her head automatically turned and saw her two year old reaching up to the bed. She picked her up and sat her in her lap. "How'd you sleep?" She asked, "Good."

Derek walked outside on the back patio with Kate in his arms, still in her pjs, and saw everyone else was up drinking coffee, "Hey Kate, come see papa." His dad said and everyone greeted them.

"Where's Beth and Kendall?" Julianne asked, holding her newborn. "Their coming, you know Beth." He said, rolling his eyes. They heard the door creak and saw Beth with Kendall in her arms. "Good morning!" She smiled.

Bethany, Julianne, and their babies went to the market while everyone else hung out by the pool.

Derek's cousin was fascinated by Bethany and Derek. She always had been. She loved their love, and how close they were with Julianne and Brooks, and how Bethany and Derek were almost always side by side. She was only 14, but knew that's the kind of love, that's special.

She was sitting next to Derek's mom and she was showing her pictures that Bethany had sent her and saw that Julianne, Bethany and his mom were in a group chat and she told her that they sent pictures back and forth.
"You're in a group text with Julianne and Beth?" She giggled, "Of course! Beth sends pictures of Kate and Kendall and Jules sends pictures of Denton!"

Later that day, Derek's phone started ringing and it was Bethany's mom. He answered it and she explained how Beth wouldn't answer and she wanted to talk to Kate. Derek went to find Bethany and found her in a chair with Kendall in her lap and Kate squished in with them.

"Kate, meme wants to talk to you." He said, holding the phone up to her ear the whole time they spoke. Bethany always admired Kate and Derek's relationship. It was so special.

They went upstairs to put their kids down for a nap and found themselves half asleep, also. She patted his chest, waking him up and he groaned. "Come on, up." She said pulling him up. She grabbed his hand and intertwined it with her own and he smiled.

"I love you," he said, "I love you too." She said kissing him. They walked into the living room and heard everyone talking about that time Derek almost went to jail.

"Wait what happened?" His aunt asked. "It was the first time we took Beth to the lake with us and we went cliff diving and Beth cut her foot on a rock and they wouldn't let Derek ride in the ambulance with her and he wouldn't take no for an answer." His dad explained.

Derek threw his hands up in the air and Beth giggled patting his leg, as he took a sip of his beer.

His niece, Paris, had recently just got engaged so Bethany and Derek started reminiscing on their wedding a couple years ago. "Remember how mad you were when I smashed the cake in your face and ruined your makeup?" He dipped his head back in laughter. "Don't even go there, Derek." She said narrowing her eyes at him, making him chuckle.

Julianne and Bethany were talking about different types of bottles while Derek and his dad took a walk.

"I'm happy for you son," his dad said out of nowhere. "What do you mean?" He questioned. "You got the girl of your dreams, a stable home, two beautiful kids, good career, I'm happy for you." He said, stopping and sitting down on the bench.

"Yeah I guess my life didn't turn out so bad," he chuckled. "I'm glad you and Beth found each other. She makes you feel like you've got the world in your hands, and to you, you do. You've got everything you've ever even dreamed of having. The special bond you have with each of your kids is beautiful. I'm just really proud of you, D." He smiled softly. Derek hugged him tight and they made their way back to the house.

Later that night he unlocked his phone and saw a picture of him, Kate, and Kendall at the zoo with a lion behind them that read.."Happy Father's Day to the king of our jungle. We love you soooo much!" He smiled widely.

Two days later they were stepping out onto the red carpet, taking photos, doing interviews. "So how are you and your girl?" The interviewer asked, "You know we're good, we're happy." He smiled, turning to look at her take photos. She was stunning. "Do you get like automatically happy when he comes around?" The E interviewer asked. "He makes me giddy." She giggled. "He makes you giddy?" she smiled, "Yeah," she smiled shyly and giggled. "Well I'm sure you make him very giddy too!" She laughed and Bethany did her adorable shy giggle.

"What do you look for in women?" The interviewed asked, "I've always enjoyed someone who's had a lust for life and is so fully of positive energy and someone who appreciates everything life has to offer. The fact that I have someone exactly like that, and I'm her husband and father of her two kids is insane to me." He smiled widely, kissing her cheek.

"And what about you?" She asked handing Bethany the microphone. "I like someone who is caring, fun, exciting, and keeps things fresh but also has like a mysterious, bad side, and someone who will cherish our time together. He is just that and I couldn't be happier." She said pointing to Derek as he pulled her in and kissed her temple.

"You can't help who you have a connection with, you can only fight it for so long which I did, until it becomes so powerful and overwhelming. That's what my love for this beautiful women is. Powerful and overwhelming." He said, making her blush.

"He has this ability, this presence, to just walk into a room and inspire people. There is a lot that he believes in and he's a very passionate individual and I love that and love to help in anyway I can." She states. "So you feel like you've learned a lot from him?" "Most definitely." She smiled.

"We've all been in love and we all know how powerful that love is. It's one of those love conquers all kind of thing. With every beat in my heart I love her and our children. I couldn't ask for anymore, I've got it all." He said straight faced, meaning every word.

Later that night they stood out on the balcony of their home, dancing, and singing. They looked out into the city of Los Angeles and back at each other and knew it was forever. "My partner in life and one true love." He said confidently. "Til death do us apart."